Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion #0 Preview (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion #0 Preview
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
And what it means first appearance ...Legion Of Super-heros 1 (2011)?
They think is another reboot or what?

The story is good. I see Garth again in action.
But Scott Kolins is so bad than always.

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
LOL, I have about 10 of these #0 issues so far and I didn't notice there was a Who's Who page in any of them.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmperor
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmperor           Edit/Delete Post     
Art was decent, but it did have a nice 'retro' feel to it which was appropriate. It fit with the recent LSH mini-series.

I loved seeing the teamwork and friendship of Garth and Rokk, and the enthusiasm of Tinya. She reflect the heart of early Legion, and I hope we see this in stories taking place in the 'current' 31st century.

From: Southern Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
So I've just read Legion of Super-Heroes #0.

I like that Phantom Girl, pre-Flight Rings, was the first flying Legionnaire (along with Ultra Boy, later).

Aw, Garth gets blown off his speeder bike, and spends a panel hanging from Rokk's ass. How companionable of them. And then they share a single skybike, with Garth in the bitchseat, to the surprise of no one.

Interesting Colu detail on the page opposite the full page ad for Stephen Amell's abdominal muscles (page 15?) about the Coluans attempting to make a stand with tools for gardening and building, as they apparently have no police, security forces or deliberate weapons on their entire planet... Neat. A race so advanced and orderly by nature that the notion of security forces (or even defensive weaponry) is almost irrelevant to them.

I wonder if we'll see this Coluan child again?

Gosh, I hope her name isn't Sharn Nux...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I've got to admit, the #0 issue made me realize I wouldn't have been totally against the idea of Levitz handling a Legion reboot. I'm not super enthused about the current series at the minute but found myself really enjoying the Garth/Cos team-up and the cheerful Phantom Girl previously visited in the Origins mini. It'd also save the trouble we always seem to have with continuity headaches anymore.

It's not like much of the later team would have to be missed from a reboot, like the cast of Legion Lost. It's time travel after all and it'd be fun to see the Lost team come across a more youthful Legion pre-their membership.

Seeing the bio page list their first appearance as last year did sting a little, but I get why that is. DCNu and all that!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I wasn't all that enthused by the Secret Origins series, but this issue did kind of make me wish that we were getting to see this take on the teen Legion every month instead of the much less fun "Adult Legion". It's actually a bit hard for me to connect them as being the same team in a way.

The Coluan child definitely seemed like a setup for something in the future. Let's hope it doesn't take too long to get to it.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
...with Garth in the bitchseat, to the surprise of no one...

[Confused] [I Dunno]

Uh, I'll take "Terms I Wouldn't Google For All The Tea In China" for $100 dollars, Alex.

[ September 21, 2012, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: cleome46 ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmperor
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmperor           Edit/Delete Post     
I guess I'm one of the few that seems to be enjoy the current run of the Legion. And I shudder at the mention of the word 'reboot.' Have any of them worked?

However, maybe an annual flashback issue of the Legion's early days (an annual?) might satisfy many fans.

From: Southern Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't been happy with the reboot as much as anyone else but I've always been glad that the Legion has skidded by relatively clean enough, compared to a lot of other books. And that currently the book looks as if most hasn't changed.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
The current run has serious flaws in it. Yet at the same time, a real reboot would be a disaster. Sometimes it seems that you can't win.
Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Wonder if the baby girl the Legion rescued will ultimately return as Colu's official governmentally mandated mother of Brainiac Six--it would be interesting to see Brainy's reaction. Oh yeah, with this tale, Tharok has just topped the suspect list of who is controlling Comet Queen...

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Hm, rather lukewarm issue. Guess any character would have been more interesting than another Brainiac spotlight. Great artwork though. Still this read like another issue of those ill-advised recent Adventure Comics and Secret Origins runs - change for changes sake, making any feeling of continuity impossible.

I wouldn't mind if the new stories were any good - but they aren't...

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Nice art but overall a so-so issue. And the Who's Who page confirms that the Nottaboot is a reboot after all. First appearance LSH # 1 (2011)... well, that couldn't be any plainer.

So I will now refer to this as the Post-52 reboot LSH. (Post-52 for short)

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdpinball
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdpinball   Email jdpinball         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone have any details from the Levitz NYCC panel appearance? I just saw one quote online about the Fatal Five causing technology to fail??
From: EARTH | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.