Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Out now: Legion of Super-Heroes Ongoing in German!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Out now: Legion of Super-Heroes Ongoing in German!
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Panini Comics just started publishing the Legion as an ongoing Trade Paperback series. Issue #1 is featuring LSH (2010) ##1-6 - the Earth Man story.

Oh wow - why is this newsworthy? It is because for the first time in history, Germans are actually publishing an ongoing series that is called "Legion of Super-Heroes". In over 50 years of the Legion, they did translate a whole lot of stuff - mainly in the 70s and early 80s, just right until the Levitz run started (that one was never translated until today except for #300 and Annual #1) - but it was never a systematic run. Rather they published #250 in the Superboy book, Earthwar as a pocket book edition and Secrets of the Legion as a special edition - just to leave out many other issues (except for Reflecto, we did get the whole Reflecto stoy...).

No Legion was published at all after the lone #300 (another special edition) - no Great Darkness, no Conspiracy, no 5YL, no Reboot - until 2003 when Panini did a "The Legion" monster edition featuring The Legion #1-14 - followed by a translation of the first Legion Archive (Why?). Then, no more Reboot and no Threeboot as well - the Monster edition seems to have failed... Recently, things like the Lightning Saga, the Action Comics story and L3W got their treat in some further Superman special editions.

But now, an ongoing LEGION? Is it really true? Bought it right away to support the Legion even though I already have it in English. They did a decent job though I felt it might be a little confusing to new readers as there was hardly an introduction to all the characters. Issue #2 is going to be out in December, here's hoping for more [Smile]

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't know how to upload a picture here, so here's a link to the Amazon page: http://www.amazon.de/Legion-Super-Heroes-Bd-Paul-Levitz/dp/3862014517/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348592141&sr=8-1

Don't know if I can find out how many they are selling but I'll try... first reactions on the Panini Forum were quite positive, so let's hope for the best [Smile]

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Very cool, CK. Hope it continues.

quote:
Originally posted by Chemical King:
Earthwar as a pocket book edition

That actually sounds super-cool. Earthwar is my absolute #1 storyline that I wish would get collected in the States.

quote:
Originally posted by Chemical King:
we did get the whole Reflecto stoy...)

Ouch. [Wink]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Congrats!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Neat piece of info direct from the source. Thanks, CK! That's great.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.