Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The latest Legion issue you thought about (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The latest Legion issue you thought about
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
That made me think of Ayla and Brin sort of making up during v4, with Ayla even giving Brin friendly support while he was injured. Another good moment, and very telling considering in v3 Ayla had pointedly told Brin she wanted nothing to do with him other than as teammates.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That makes me think of one of the few moments of the Threeboot that I remember fondly. I'm pretty sure it was in issue #7, the first one I bought. Anyhow, it's a brief scene where Brainy tells Ayla that she's a potential powerhouse if only she'd take her gravity powers seriously.

That inspired me to create an Ayla analog for the Imperial Guard whom I named Gravitress. It was also the very first fanfic I posted in Bits. Good times.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady: That makes me think of one of the few moments of the Threeboot that I remember fondly. I'm pretty sure it was in issue #7, the first one I bought. Anyhow, it's a brief scene where Brainy tells Ayla that she's a potential powerhouse if only she'd take her gravity powers seriously.
I like that it also ended up paying off a few times later, first on Colu, where Ayla's 'gravity storm' is the one thing the team can do to locate and deal with Praetor Lemnos, and yet agaion much later in the Shooterboot where Brainy gets Thom and Ayla to rebalance the gravitational forces *of the entire solar system* (with the help of some equipment).

That reminds me how it was Brainy's grousing about the nature of her powers and personality that also led to the best portrayal of Dreamy I'd seen in years, in, I think, the third issue.

Brainy complaining about his lady teammates seemed to be a framing device for issues showcasing how utterly awesome they were. [Smile]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.