Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion Moments that Made You Go "WOW"! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion Moments that Made You Go "WOW"!
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll second the "YOU DARE!" moment in the Time Trapper - Conspiracy issue.

I'll offer our first view of Weber's World, at the beginning of Earthwar, and Sensor Girl/Projectra's total beat-down on the Persuader at the end of the Empress's Fatal Five story.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by stuorstew:
Rokk facing down Mordru over Elvabird breast during 5YL.

Even with the team disbanded and him stripped of his powers he showed the power that even the suggestion of the Legion holds in the universe.

^^This.

Also, the first full shot of the SW6 team.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Opening scene of Legion Worlds: Monel and Tarok falling out of the sky.

Abnett-Lanning-Lightle's Umbra issue was pretty much an entire "wow" for me.

and my first "wow"

Karate Kid flipping Superboy.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion Man
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merlion Man   Author's Homepage   Email Merlion Man         Edit/Delete Post     
"The Fatal Five Who Twisted Time"
Karate Kid sneaked up on the Emerald Eye
and smashed it with one blow!
But the Eye reformed from its shards until
it becomes whole in all its emerald glory.
The Empress saying, "You are hopelessly beaten"

Wow!

From: Singapore | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Merlion Man:
"The Fatal Five Who Twisted Time"
Karate Kid sneaked up on the Emerald Eye
and smashed it with one blow!
But the Eye reformed from its shards until
it becomes whole in all its emerald glory.
The Empress saying, "You are hopelessly beaten"

Wow!

[Yes]

One of my favorite moments from one of my favorite Legion stories ever.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
Two big moments come to mind, specifically from Eye for an Eye--Karate Kid's last stand against Nemesis Kid, and then Princess Projectra snapping Nemesis Kid's neck in revenge and when her teammates are horrified by it, the now-queen replies, ”I executed a condemned man as is my royal privilege. Dare any of you to call me wrong.” Holy CRAP.

Also, in the early issues of DnA's the Legion, when the villain was revealed...that made this guy who started out as a HUGE Batman fanboy really happy. [Big Grin]

From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jay Kay: Two big moments come to mind, specifically from Eye for an Eye--Karate Kid's last stand against Nemesis Kid, and then Princess Projectra snapping Nemesis Kid's neck in revenge and when her teammates are horrified by it, the now-queen replies, ”I executed a condemned man as is my royal privilege. Dare any of you to call me wrong.” Holy CRAP.
That was a classic. A powerful death for Karate Kid, fighting an 'unbeatable' foe, and yet choosing to go out on his own terms, winning the 'war' to save Orando at the cost of his own life, and a real stand-up-and-be-noticed moment for Projectra, who would never be the fainting princess or damsel in distress in need of rescue again.

Despite Karate Kid being one of my favorite Legionnaires, I thought his death was effective and dramatic and respectful, and so it felt like a strong ending to his personal story.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by stuorstew:
Rokk facing down Mordru over Elvabird breast during 5YL.

Even with the team disbanded and him stripped of his powers he showed the power that even the suggestion of the Legion holds in the universe.

On a related note, Postboot Cosmic Boy did that when the Legion was chasing after "President McCauely"; the guards were saying they wouldn't be bullied by superpowered vigilantes. Cos goes, "My power is natural to all Braalians... and I'm not trying to impress you with it. I'm trying to impress you THIS." And he shows his Legion flight ring.

Awesome.

Monstress and Shikari jumping down to rescue Preogeny captives in Legion Lost 2, right after Shikari comforts poor Monstress about her sad past, was a great moment too.

As was Kid Quantum II and Element Lad stubbornly refusing to give up even as the rift was swallowing them up in LSH 125.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.