Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LEGION LOST Is History With Issue #16! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: LEGION LOST Is History With Issue #16!
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=4584&page=5
Since no deaths are being definitively stated, perhaps everyone will come back home?

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
So is this kind of "breaking news"? All I can say is... good riddance. Legion in the 20th (or 21st) century NEVER really worked for longer than a few issues. Ill-advised idea from the beginning, no direction, clumsy storyline and muddled crossovers with C-class characters fighting D-class villains...

Can't say that I'm feeling any pity about this decision. Hope the characters return where they belong to...

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY!! This book sucked!

-

From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Didn't we have a death pool somehwere...?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Although it was nice seeing some focus on these 7 Legionnaires for a bit (especially the underused Gates and Yera)... YAHOO! THEY'RE GOING HOME! At least, I hope so...

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... they could all blow up, final issue of original Doom Patrol style!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Although it was nice seeing some focus on these 7 Legionnaires for a bit (especially the underused Gates and Yera)... YAHOO! THEY'RE GOING HOME! At least, I hope so...

Gates isn't... [No]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
It had it's flaws, but there was stuff about it that I legitimately enjoyed, so I just hope that Levitz(/Giffen) put these guys back to good use if/when they get back to the 31st Century.
From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
That's my big worry-- these are guys Mr. Levitz was apparently cool with losing to LEGION LOST... he might not WANT them back.

It seems like he is wanting to keep the team at 15 members or something. [Frown]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lowercase mllash:
It seems like he is wanting to keep the team at 15 members or something. [Frown]

I think he wants his new Academy kids to be the center, with the "real" Legionnaires forming a setting around them. It's time to take those younguns back to another Academy book (the previous book was much better than Legion Lost has been) and let us have the real Legion of Super-Heroes back.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
Good riddance to this pointless waste of good characters.

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Legion Tracker:
quote:
Originally posted by lowercase mllash:

I think he wants his new Academy kids to be the center, with the "real" Legionnaires forming a setting around them. It's time to take those younguns back to another Academy book (the previous book was much better than Legion Lost has been) and let us have the real Legion of Super-Heroes back.
I wouldn't want to say the "real" Legion of Super-Heroes, since I'm sure there were people who were saying the same thing when, say, Ferro Lad, Karate Kid and Princess Projectra came on, and then again with Wildfire and Dawnstar.

I think that's one of the neater things about the Legion--there isn't some set corporate standard that these characters can be, they can die, or retire, and either new characters can fill in the roles, or new characters can steal the spotlight.

From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
I hate you all! [Mad] why? I am sick of Brainiac 5, Saturn Girl, Ultra boy being panel- hogging! Dawnstar, Wildfire, Tyroc, Tellus, Gates, Chameleon Girl, and Timber Wolf - ah....who have not seen them for a while since the Zero Hour put them "out of existence" and were brought back by Geoff Johns to bring Superboy and Kid Flash back alive? sigh.

more Chameleon Girl!! more Tyroc!! they really shone through the LL book. sigh.

I hate you all!

:sad: really hope to see them all alive back in Legion...*finger crossing*

PS no I am not really mad at you all. [Hug]

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Legion Tracker: It's time to take those younguns back to another Academy book (the previous book was much better than Legion Lost has been) and let us have the real Legion of Super-Heroes back.
My thought as well. The Adventure run with the Academy recruits was better than Legion Lost has been, IMO. I really like Yera, Timber Wolf, Tellus and the new improved Tyroc, and would rather see them with the Legion in the 31st century than farting around in the 21st century, on a mission (to stop Alastor from releasing the Hypertaxis plaque) that failed *before they even arrived.*

Bringing Glorith, Chemical Kid, Comet Queen and Dragonwing onto the core team as 'replacements' so quickly was a mistake, since, 'death pool' or not, I don't think *anybody* expected the Legion Lost crew to remain 'lost' forever.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
The sad thing about Legion Lost's (apparent) terribleness is that it really was a great group of characters. Some really interesting stories could have been told with that bunch IMO.

So great then that even in their last issue, some crappy, random Teen Titans villain gets the focus instead. [Roll Eyes]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.