Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion-related January 2012 Solicitatons and Images

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Legion-related January 2012 Solicitatons and Images
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #16
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Art by SCOTT KOLINS
Cover by STEVE LIGHTLE
On sale JANUARY 23 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• Political tension builds as the next Legion Election is on the horizon!
• The Legion is about to have a new leader…and the Fatal Five is about to return!
• Validus escapes from his inescapable prison!

Click for fullsize image

LEGION LOST #16
Written by TOM DeFALCO
Art by ANDRES GUINALDO and MARK IRWIN
Cover by TYLER KIRKHAM and BATT
On sale JANUARY 16 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T • FINAL ISSUE
• Superboy and The Ravagers guest-star!
• In order to save billions of lives, the Lost Legionnaires must decide if they are willing to sacrifice millions when they detonate a bomb that will destroy the alien machine from Daggor!
• Plus, more on the origin of Harvest!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
so its official that the Legion Lost is cancelled. hope they all make it alive....i like them all. Especially Chameleon Girl and Tyroc.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
It is sad that the series can't end with a Legion story instead of having all of the guest stars on board. Wish Pete Woods could continue on as a Legion artist in some way. I really like his work.
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
With this series ending with #16, why did the editors decide to give issues #13-16 such crappy cover art? Covers by Pete Woods would have most fitting or Steve Lightle, to tie the series back in with the main Legion title.

I loved the cover art for #0, but the stuff planned for the last few issues is just puke.

From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
Great cover with Cham & Vi!
I only hope The Fatal Five kills Dragonwing, Glorith, Comet Queen , Chemical Kid or Harmonia. (Or all of them, one for every member of The Fatal Five)
Could' been very exciting!
Later ... Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, Sensor Girl, Black Witch and Blok returns to avenge them.

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdpinball
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdpinball   Email jdpinball         Edit/Delete Post     
Looking forward to the new Legion issue although I miss Francis Portela on art.
From: EARTH | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Wonderful cover on LSHs!
I'll miss Legion LOST, I'm afraid.
It had such potential, what a waste.
[shrug]

I'll especially miss Pete. He's a great storyteller.

I hope they don't kill anyone.
[No]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I hope that the Legion Lost characters will be folded back into LSH!

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Hope Validus isn't wearing boots and love that LLost cover, though I've dropped it from my reading list.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmperor
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmperor           Edit/Delete Post     
Finally we have Vi on a cover, her first in the new 52. Now if only Shady, Tinya, Ayla, Polar Boy and Harmonia could be featured. None have appeared on a cover yet.

And it's great to see Vi and Cham together, one of the Legion's greatest friendships.

From: Southern Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
I wish Vi would go back to the outfit she wore on the cover of the Legion of Super Heroes Origin mini (the green/black from the 70s).

I won't miss Legion Lost. In fact, I dropped it from my pull list last month. Even Pete Woods work didn't seem as strong as it was early in the series. I'm not sure what DC was thinking this book would do -- maybe find a new audience for those who don't like stories that take place in a timeline that is separate from the rest of the DCU, I guess. The concept just never worked -- and the big bad, Alastear -- had a crappy name and concept.

The flagship title has been mediocre at best. I'm leaning towards dropping it as well, but I'll give it a few more issues.

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.