Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Things you've liked about LSH Vol. 7... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Things you've liked about LSH Vol. 7...
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Even though the Dominator story mostly fell flat for me, I totally dug the Jabba the Hutt-esque Prima Dom. The Dominion servant-caste was kind of cool as well.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved Francis Portela's art. Period. I love how he draws lips and facial expressions the almost bubbly style he has. And...I sort of like Harmonia. I think i'm the only person who likes Harmonia, but I do.
From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
+1 Portela's art!

I am loving that Comet Queen is a Legionnaire!! (Though, like Conjure Lass said about Harmonia, I think I may be her only fan)

Oh, and Vi/Ayla, which is turning out to have some cute moments [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I actually also like seeing Comet Queen as a Legionnaire, though I'd rather see her alongside the characters I more naturally think of as her peers, such as Nightwind, Lamprey, and Power Boy.

The other new kids have kind of grown on me as well. Except Harmonia. [Wink]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Except Harmonia. [Wink]

Nooo, no. It's fine. I will just be over here, unabashedly loving the character that everyone else hates. It's fine.

... [sob]

From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
What do you like about her?
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass

quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
What do you like about her?

You know, I'm not 100% sure. I think it's the combination of her powers (always was a sucker for the whole elemental thing) and the sort of arrogant/mysterious/vaguely flirty thing she's got going. Granted, I'd sort of like the mystery cleared up a bit as that can get a bit annoying, but I don't find her nearly as annoying as everyone else seems to. And, on a more shallow level, I like her costume. *DIES*

Comet Queen...Comet Queen I find annoying. XD

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree on the Portela art.

I have nothing against Harmonia. I just don't feel like we know much about her after all this time.

I like the way Chemical Kid is being developed in terms of powers, his relationship with Jan, and his doubts combined with some personal growth.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Conjure Lass: And, on a more shallow level, I like her costume. *DIES*
I like her costume as well. The red and black is striking, and the length of it, particular was contrasted with the bikini-wearing Dreamy and Shady, is a welcome change. Sexy, yet clothed.

I'm a little disappointed that she commands the four *western* elements of air, earth and (presumably) water and fire, instead of the five Chinese elements of earth, water, fire, wood and metal, but, eh, it would probably be ethnic stereotyping to have the Chinese person follow Chinese metaphysics anyway, instead of the 'classical' Greek paradigm, so six of one, half-dozen of another.

I think part of my not liking her is that Nightwind (and the others who spent years training and applying to be Legionnaires) got the pass, and Harmonia, who literally never even *asked* to be a Legionnaire has apparently become one just because she was hanging around the headquarters anyway.

Although it could be funny if, six months from now, somebody asks, "Who gave Harmonia a Flight Ring anyway?" and everybody shakes their heads, "Uh, I thought you invited her?" "No, I thought you did!"

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
quote:
Originally posted by Conjure Lass: And, on a more shallow level, I like her costume. *DIES*
I think part of my not liking her is that Nightwind (and the others who spent years training and applying to be Legionnaires) got the pass, and Harmonia, who literally never even *asked* to be a Legionnaire has apparently become one just because she was hanging around the headquarters anyway.

You know, I kind of thought that she used some kind of "power" to get into the Legion. Brainy mentioned at some point that she has the habit of turning up in the nicest places and always being around at the right time. I sort of thought she has some kind of influence or is just a good planner and weaseled her way in?

Oooooor I could just be reading too much into it. XD

Eryk Davis Ester

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I kind of liked her when she first showed up as Rond Vidar's former assistant or student or whatever. The more they tacked on to make her seem all kewl and mysterious and "I know ancient Chinese secrets" just made her seem kind of lame and annoying to me. I do like the costume, though.
Conjure Lass

Her costume would be nice to cosplay. It covers so much more than saaaay...Dreamy's. I could NOT get away with wearing Nura's costume. NO WAY.
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Conjure Lass:
Her costume would be nice to cosplay. It covers so much more than saaaay...Dreamy's. I could NOT get away with wearing Nura's costume. NO WAY.

-

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
The Dominators story ran for a little long, but I did like the idea of Bouncing Boy leading a group of rogue Legionnaires to battle.

With #0, I thought the attempt at connecting the Brainiac history with how it's been reinterpreted in Action Comics was interesting, and I'm curious to see where that story's going next.

From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Portela's art has been a highlight for certain.

I liked that Mr. Levitz handled Chuck and Lu well... believe me, I was terrified for them.

I must admit Harmonia has a really good costume. I wish that lame Titan-destroyed non-plotline would be eradicated in this post-52verse so that I could begin the process of accepting her.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.