Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Things you've liked about LSH Vol. 7... (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Things you've liked about LSH Vol. 7...
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I do like Harmonia's powers, and I don't hate her personality, but I'm torn because her inclusion means Nightwind will likely not ever become a Legionnaire anymore. I wish some of her mysteries would be cleared up soon...

I like how Chuck, Luornu and Nura have all been totally kick-ass. I like the return of the Nura-Thom romance, and the chemistry between Lu and Chuck. At least these couples get to stay together.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
quote:
Originally posted by Conjure Lass:
Her costume would be nice to cosplay. It covers so much more than saaaay...Dreamy's. I could NOT get away with wearing Nura's costume. NO WAY.

-
Heeeeeey there! Now THAT'S a costume I could pull off! Not to mention, how easy is THAT to make? Hell, I could make it with a bedsheet! Awesome. And I could wear the OTHER costume underneath and still say I wore Dream Girl's costume!
From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I've only read one issue of this volume!

The Simonsen one ... I liked ... nura and Thom together ... and Ayla and Vi together ... and Nura's hair and Mon-El's costume.

... and Jacques ... I like Jacques.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmperor
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmperor           Edit/Delete Post     
Ok....I like Harmonia as well. Great costume, and a powerful female who is Asian. Does she need work? Sure. But I find her interesting.

Also, if Comet Queen can recover from her mental problems, she is developing into a surprisingly effective member. As is Chemical Kid. I'm beginning to see Dragonwing's potential, but how does her power work?

Not a Glorith fan, but I hope that changes.

Love Portela's work.

I love seeing the Dream Girl that Levitz turned into one of the greatest Legionaires.

From: Southern Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by EmeraldEmperor:
Also, if Comet Queen can recover from her mental problems, she is developing into a surprisingly effective member.

She's been described as being capable of spaceworthy flight at near light speed (or even right up to light speed), making her very similar to Dawnstar, in that sense (without the great wings visual).

Trade off the tracking power, which was always a bit of a problem, narratively, for the smoke-gas clouds, and it's pretty much an even swap.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by EmeraldEmperor:
I'm beginning to see Dragonwing's potential, but how does her power work?

Dragonwing's powers have been described as acid venom spit and fire breath. Not really sure how different the fire breath is from Sun Boy's or Fire Lad's powers, though.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Dragonwing's powers have been described as acid venom spit and fire breath.

Fire breath or 'acid venom' is the way I've seen it mentioned, and the one time she seemed to use her 'acid venom' (in one of the Adventure appearances, post-Jiminez) it came from the palm of her hand.

That might have been an artistic misrepresentation, but I don't recall it ever being said one way or another where her 'acid venom' was supposed to come from.

(It would make sense to come from some sort of stinger or bite or even a skin secretion, like the sorts of venom-delivery systems that earth critters have, but we're talking a girl that breaths green fire and has Marilyn Manson eyebrows, so all bets are off.) [Smile]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Re Dragonwing, I recall a scene in one of the China issues where she spat venom on either a weapon or maybe one of the bad guys? It definitely came out of her mouth though accompanied with a spitting sound effect like 'ptooi' or something (unless I'm crazy which is also quite likely)...

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Didn't she say she stolen her powers from a dragon, or something like that? It actually sounded kind of cool, but, like so many things, it hasn't really been expanded upon.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmperor
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmperor           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Didn't she say she stolen her powers from a dragon, or something like that? It actually sounded kind of cool, but, like so many things, it hasn't really been expanded upon.

Yes, I thought that was intersting too....it made me want to know more. I'm ready to hear that story. Also, if she breathes fire and acid, wouldn't she have a degree of invulnerability? Otherwise she would burn herself up.
From: Southern Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.