Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » I just got "flooded"

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I just got "flooded"
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Flood-protectioned by the Founders! It was all a misunderstanding, I'm sure. But you won't have Fat Cramer to swish around here anymore!

At least, not until tonight. Gotta swim....

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Is it just me or as the flood-control been hyperactive lately?

It seem like every time I post I'm getting shot down...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
No settings have been changed. I think you post whores are just too anxious to catch up to Lash and myself. [Wink]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
lol

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
ME TOO!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
We shall start the Flood Protection Club. Jump in - the water's very fast.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I recently got FP'ed myself, which gave me flashbacks of DCMB milestone races with Lash, Seahorse, LARDLAD, and/or Dev-Em...
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm never sure if it is a site's flood-protection system or my own lousy computer that shuts me out sometimes.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It may be our server. We're still having weather and fire issues here in Utah and I know that my provider has said he is still experiencing some troubles. Being on a 56K I've never hit the flood control because it takes at least 30 seconds to recyle back to the post I just finished.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Being on a 56K I've never hit the flood control because it takes at least 30 seconds to recyle back to the post I just finished.

What Scott said. But if it really is a problem for some of you, I'm willing to go as low as 15 seconds. But that's my limit. [Wink]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm happy with the 30 second limit, it's just that sometimes it seems to activate when I'm pretty certain it's been more than 30 seconds.

I actually noticed this some on the old DCMBs, where it just seemed to randomly kick in every once and awhile.

For instance, I have had the experience of being unable to post, then by the time I'm allowed to, the new post registers being at least two or three minutes after my previous post. And sometimes it seems to kick in when I haven't posted at all recently.

It's not something to worry about, I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this or had the same experience.

[ August 10, 2003, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

I just had the problem that once because I'm on a slow modem (32?) - I got the message because, just after I hit reply I noticed a typo, hit stop, corrected it and hit reply again.

I was afraid I might have triggered it because I was the only one at the Legion board and I was answering all the threads that morning - guess for that there should be a "chatterbox protection" message for that.

I'm vaguely embarrassed to see rows of "Fat Cramer" in the responses, but it passes as soon as more people arrive.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
I'm vaguely embarrassed to see rows of "Fat Cramer" in the responses, but it passes as soon as more people arrive.

Doesn't embarrass me one bit! [Big Grin]

Just kidding, FC. I know what you mean. Lot's of times I get on the computer very early AM and I'm the only one here (or one of a handful) Before I know it all of the Mission Board Topics are listed with me as the last poster! Does look strange and you start hoping someone will come along soon and break it up for appearance sake.

V

[Invisible Kid]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.