Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » What Turns you Off!!!! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What Turns you Off!!!!
Caleb
Member of Lash's Legion of Super Bitches

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caleb   Email Caleb         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Thankfully those days are long past me, Caleb! But I'm certain you'd treat me well in any scenario.

Oh MOST ASSUREDLY!!!

--------------------
Bring Back Tellus :tellus:

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
*blush and a big grin*

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
I have only limited experience in dealing with people in the entertainment industry in L.A., but based on that limited experience, the biggest turn-offs for me are narcissistic self-involvement, insincerity in praising others' work and shameless brown-nosing to those might be able to help your career. Yuck.

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
liars, cowards, arrogant and the unimaginative ....blech!!!

Give me a decent bloke who isn't afraid to speak his mind, and has a mind to speak!

A hairy chest and brown eyes helps too....

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calm Yo Tits
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calm Yo Tits           Edit/Delete Post     
Icky old dudes in their, like, 30s are a TOTAL turnoff!

Unless they play a teen on TV like Luke Perry.

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Beehive hairdos
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calm Yo Tits
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calm Yo Tits           Edit/Delete Post     
That's a terrible thing to say to a trendy teen!!!
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Someone should have had the courtesy to tell you the 'trend' died over 40 years ago. Short and spiky, that's where its at now.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Sonnie I have brown eyes and a hairy chest!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
People who go out of their way to take what you say the wrong way.

The overly-easily offended.

People who are never wrong in their own minds and can't laugh a good Bwaa-ha-ha at themselves.

Oh, and the Dutch, of course.

[Wink]

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Rick didn't you recently get married Congrats man and its great to have ya here!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
People who go out of their way to take what you say the wrong way.

The overly-easily offended.

rickshaw1,

you are talking about me, aren't you? and you mean that I am always wrong when you said "the wrong way", right? [Wink]

Sorry, I couldn't resist the above response.

as for my turn-offs: arrogant people is number one.

And speaking of wait staff. I have to say, I've never waited, but I have worked as a bank teller. And since then, I have all the patience in the world when I see a service worker when it is busy but he/she is working. Likewise, I do a slow boil if I am kept waiting for even a few seconds if the service person is just goofing off. If you are just talking about last night's date and I come to your open register, you need to stop talking and wait on me. If you are talking business, you need to at least say "I'll be right with you"

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Snob, arrogant, ignorant, overconfident...

I finally felt good when I beat that egomanical guy at the Heroclix tournament - the biggest upset of them all...everybody was very happy because he has been hassling everyone saying that he was going to be "the undefeated champion ever". He even refused to shake my hand...so alas poor sportsmanship. I lost many games more than winning..let's say my record is 10-100, at best. Everybody has been rooting for me to win...that felt good. [Smile] Let's hope that I will be able to keep it going.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
Snob, arrogant, ignorant, overconfident...

I finally felt good when I beat that egomanical guy at the Heroclix tournament - the biggest upset of them all...everybody was very happy because he has been hassling everyone saying that he was going to be "the undefeated champion ever". He even refused to shake my hand...so alas poor sportsmanship. I lost many games more than winning..let's say my record is 10-100, at best. Everybody has been rooting for me to win...that felt good. [Smile] Let's hope that I will be able to keep it going.

Way to go superboymddjr! I just hate those jerks at tournaments. We get them at the two locations here that old the HeroClix games and they just ruin it for everyone else. Their the same kind of people who think playing a team of Fire Lords is imaginative. My record is probably about the same as yours and I've all but given up going to the tourneys here because of the pricks. Just not worth the hassle.
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
well even though I dont do well in Constructed DC and Marvel tourneys...but I do well in Sealed DC...because I have pulled out so many good ones...that's how I got my LE Garth Ranzz. so next month, I plan to do that again with LE Rokk Krinn...I hope so! [Evil] [Big Grin]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.