Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » SCARED TITLESS! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: SCARED TITLESS!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So, what frightens *you*?

Other than sharks, which are easily the scariest animal, I have this irrational fear of eye damage.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Drowning. I am totally afraid of water.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
When I worked at a bank, I had to wear a tie and we had to run all the checks & work through a microfilm machine at the end of the day. I always had a fear that my tie would get pulled into the feeder and choke me to death.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I have this irrational fear of eye damage.

Not irrational. Bottle rockets should be outlawed.

I have an irrational fear of certain kinds of bugs, even though I know they can't do anything to me.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I have an irrational fear of Sharks too Eryk! And I mean highly irrational, where I'm convinced I'll one day be face to face with a giant Great White...

Other than that, the only one I can think of is a minor fear of bees--as in get them the LIVING HELL AWAY FROM ME.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Fear of airplanes crashing into my house.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
If I lay on my stomach on the bed, my legs can't hang over the edge any further than my shins. I can be completely alone, yet still fear that someone or something is going to fall on my legs and break my knees...

Also, every morning before leaving for work, I have to make sure that no water is running (sinks, shower and toilet) and that every fan in the house has been shut off and unplugged. I've been known to go home at lunchtime because I can't remember checking those things...

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Scared titless? Well... breast cancer. Seriously. [Frown]

Also bats. I know they don't bite, and their sonar is good enough to not run into me, but when they get in the house, I freak.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I get a little freaked out standing next to big things that look like they could fall on me - like big boats. Is that weird? Oh and moldy/expired foods. I had a bad experience once when I stared to eat a blueberry muffin only to realize there weren't any blueberries in it. [Shudder]
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I'm scared of breast cancer too. My mummy had it.

I've also been known to spazz out when walking alone (especially at night) and talk to myself. It's better now that I have an iPod -- I just need noise of SOME kind. Maybe it's part of a bigger fear of being alone or something...

Oh and I'm afraid of things falling on my head. I've been known to flinch at large (and small) shadows when walking. I think it's because I've been hit in the head with a volleyball more than once...

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Lashie said this....

"Not irrational. Bottle rockets should be outlawed."

Hisssss booooo.

bottle rockets are fun, especially when you get them to explode over someone else's house. We used to have bottle rocket fights at the sixpack at USC.

My dad and i used to shoot them at his sisters house, and they would shoot'em at us.

Hey, it's not proper fun without the risk of grevious bodily harm. How else would we feed the lawyers?

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Spell, that sounds a little like a mild case of OCD. Im not a doctor or anything, lol. just saying.

[ August 02, 2005, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: rickshaw1 ]

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Seriously, not a 4th of July passes that we don't have one-- usually more-- kids in who end up losing an eye to bottle rockets. So I mentally multiply this times the number of big eye clinics in the nation and... yeah, outlaw 'em.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
or at least supply a guidance system better than a skinny red stick
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Nah, kids gotta learn. Its a fact of life, you don't get outta it without some scars.

My cousin wanted to hire someone to baby proof her house after my lil cousin was born. Her hubby said "no". the kid had to learn, and common sense was part of it. Kids learn more from mistakes with consequences than they ever do the other way.

I'm not saying that i want kids to loose eyes, but dang, you can't sanatize the entire world. If so, there wouldn't be pencils, paper clips, staples, toenail clippers...

Not trying to be a smartass with ya, Lashie, ya know i love ya, but the general fear that has been distilled to every single person in america is just...disturbing.

--------------------

Something pithy!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.