Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » SCARED TITLESS! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: SCARED TITLESS!
Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
A few days ago a call was placed to the Utah County Sheriff's Office which is the next county over from where Scott and I live. The call was from a young man who said that he was with four friends ranging in age from 18 to 28, all had known each other for years. They had gone to a popular cave in the area to party and to explore it. Someone got the idea to do what many others had done with no problem, and that was to swim the opening from one cave to the next. One young man said no way, that he was too afraid to do it and he stayed behind with his cell phone. When none of the other four came back, he placed the call to the authorities expressing concern for his friends. When the police and search and rescue got there, they went in with diving equipment, and discovered that the four had in fact drowned. This is tragic, and a horrible, horrible blow to their families and friends. This accident has rocked the Mormon college town of Provo (where the Osmond Family, Donny and Marie, et al, are from.) The day after the accident, the entrance to the cave was permanently closed by blowing up that whole cave mouth. Dying this way, in a closed, dark space, and with the added horror of drowning, that is just about my absolute worst nightmare played out. My heart goes out to these friends who were too young to go and didn't deserve this.
From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
For Rick's fear of fatherhood, from an interview with James Kochalka:

How is fatherhood treating you? What have you learned from raising Eli that maybe you didn't know or didn't understand before he arrived?

One thing no one ever tells you about fatherhood is...it's so EASY! There's a lot of stuff you have to do, sure, but it's all so fun and interesting and absolutely necessary that it doesn't really feel difficult. I spent so many years being absolutely terrified of the prospect of becoming a father, I had no idea how far off-base my fears were. There's something fundamentally wrong with society...Almost every man I know who is not yet a father feels exactly the way I did. How could the truth be so completely hidden from us? How could I have had no inkling of how wonderful it could be?

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
For the longest time after I graduated, I had a fear that I would never live up to everyone's expectations and do anything with my life, but I guess that's also very common.

I used to fear that, but then I didn't live up to anyone's expectations, and it's been okay. [Wink]

I'd be afraid of sharks if there were any where I swim!

There was a study done of people who had almost drowned but were rescued and the majority of them said their last conscious thought was how everyone would think they were stupid because they had gone and drowned.... a lot of drowning incidents are the result of doing dumb stuff.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Kid Fears: yesterday I was reading about probability waves (if you don't look at something, it doesn't exist) in a short story. It reminded me of how, when I first learned about molecules, I was afraid I'd sink into the floor.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
When I saw this thread, I swear it said "Sacred Titles". So when I opened it, I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out what you were talking about (actually that happens with most threads for me on Legion World).

So now that I understand, my big fear (and I have nightmares about it) is being totally unprepared in court (I'm a lawyer) and losing and getting sued. It's actually a very real fear in the legal community. Because of my fear, I'm always very well prepared - can't say that I never lose, though.

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
When this thread was started, "titless" was a common expression on Legion World!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
My latest fear that haunts me night and day is that I'm going to run out of money in the weeks between now and my wedding in September. Between that and the new condo we just bought, worrying about money (slash that--actually having ongoing nightmares about having no money) is my new big fear! *choke* Weddings and homes are expensive! I miss living in shambles with my old roomates!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
You know... I'm actually making about twice as much as I was at this time last year, but it really doesn't seem that way from my bank account at the end of each month.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.