Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » Colonel Wellesley's Annual Holiday Orphan Benefit Dinner Pageant and Ball (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Colonel Wellesley's Annual Holiday Orphan Benefit Dinner Pageant and Ball
Nova Girl
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nova Girl   Email Nova Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for showing up everyone. I'll be your Emcee for this evening's proceedings. Remember have fun and feel free to ask some of our volunteers and the orphan's... of Space that they've brought with them about the wonderful programs your support provides.

So before dinner starts, why don't you take a look at the items generously donated for the silent auction. Feel free to bid we've got lots of stuff donated by the LMB. I know the girls and I'll be all over that athletic support provided by Cobie.

Have fun. I'm gonna go have some drinks under that hanging mistletoe garden by the bar. I'll be back to introduce some of the special guests of the evening

Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
What an elegant ballroom! Well done, Nova Girl!

mmmm....champagne.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
No champagne for me. I need a clear head to outbid you all on the tesseract.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Waitaminute...who put a date with Cobalt Kid on the auction? Oh well, we do what we must fo tth orphans.

Speaking of orphans, that young lady by the bar can't be any older than 15 and must be one. I'll, er, see what she's programs she knows about(and grab myself a bourbon)...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Poor orphans... How many of you are sole surviors of a doomed planet?

Do any of you get special powers when you eat Cream of Wheat or other Earthly cereal? I have a job for you perhaps.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the invite, Ronnie! What a great excuse to go shopping... I mean help orphans. Yeah.

*grabs a glass of champagne, dragging her largest accessory (a.k.a. Actor Lad) along*

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
*Making small talk to a tuxedoed hottie*

I generally avoid society balls but decided to come since it's for a good cause. Hurray for space orphans! Is that Caliente singing torch songs on that piano over there? Say, who's auctioning a hammock, ..oh, that's Cobie's jock. Whoa, looks like Kent's hittin’ the sauce kind of hard. Hey, where'd you go....?

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whom
May Be Concerned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whom           Edit/Delete Post     
Tis a splendid celebration, Nova Girl.

And my presence here doth give me the appearance of being charitable...*cough*...that is, it doth give me an opportunity to be charitable. Yes, that was what I meant. [Good]

Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
<arrives decked out in a tuxedo>

Er, I hope I'm not overdressed?

<looks around>

er...Miss Amora the Enchantress, right? I'm looking for Nova Girl...I think she's, er, supposed to be my date, but I wasn't quite clear on that...

<suddenly notices the theme from Beverly Hills Cop is playing>

Oh! Excuse me a moment!

<spontaneously breaks out into an impromptu dance, doing the Robot...badly.>

I may be human now, but it's the only dance I ever learned!

<Amora shakes her head in exasperation and suddenly takes an interest in the table with the Funyuns...which happens to be on the other side of the ballroom>

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ronnie, it's a spectacular do! I'm so glad we could all attend. Space orphans have a special place in my heart. My late, beloved Blaine was an orphan, after all.

{Looks over to Clyde, then turns to Time Teller Lad}

Tim, please schedule me to give a dance lesson to Clive tomorrow.

{A waltz begins playing}

Ah, Ram Boy, may I have the honour of this dance?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nova Girl
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nova Girl   Email Nova Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry someone was saying? these crabcakes are soo good.

Oh my gawd, a robot date was a bad idea. That's the worst dancing since the guy with two heads was paired with Thora in that celebrity competition.

Excuse me, I need to get that hunky investment banker drop some coin on the kids. I'll loosen him up by asking about naked short positions in sugar. Almost too easy for a girl to get her hands on a banker's assets with a little money talk.

Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh! There's Miss Roni!

<waves frantically to Nova Girl>

Hiiii! It's me, Clive! Wanna bust a move?

<drops to the floor and does the worm...badly...as the waltz plays>

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<talks to the same investment banker as Nova Girl>

Honestly Mr. B'ffet, investing in Legion World Security Office Bonds would be a smart move. We have big things planned in 2007. Like I always say, I'm not above making an enormous profit for the good of Legion World while I clean up the galaxy.

Ah, Ronnie, allow me to introduce you to W'rrn B'ffet. He's promised to make a large donation, but only after I've convinced him to let me take you away for a minute and dance the Shurg.

[aside]Clive, watch me for some pointers[/aside]

Shall we shurg?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hccc'up Hccc'up Hccc'up
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hic!

Fine bottle of Port you have there Mr Tamper. Allow me to open this one and please tell me what you think

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.