Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » I just met my first Legionworlder!!!!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I just met my first Legionworlder!!!!
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Well last night really. Good ol' Kent Shakespeare....in true LW tradition we went and got drunk. I had a pretty good time and it was a real honor to meet such a good guy. Three cheers for Kent!!!!
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, Sean's a good egg. [Wink] Glad you guys met up. And welcome back, stranger! Happy Holidays and New Year! [Cheers]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Whoo hooo good job Kent! Way to be impresssive.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
You know, dedman, once you start meeting Legion Worlders, it is hard to stop.

I'm glad you and Kent had a great time. Now we will have to interrogate you separately to see if the stories match. [Wink]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ha! No one's met me yet (or even seen my picture)!

They're probably afraid I'll eat them or something! [Wink]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't met anyone yet, either, Lardy. Maybe this summer (I hope).

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Legionworlders in real-life are bunches of fun. It's a lot like hanging out with the old high school drama crowd.
[Big Grin]
Loads of fun and lots of silliness to go with it.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome! Glad you guys met up! Looking forward to meeting you myself Deddy, and seeing Sean for the fourth (fifth?) time!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
They're probably afraid I'll eat them or something! [Wink]

funny, I get a lot of that too ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Sharky, Rocky and Lardy, I have only four words to say to you:

San Diego.
Be there.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
Sharky, Rocky and Lardy, I have only four words to say to you:

San Diego.
Be there.

Gonna pay my way, Stealthy? [Big Grin]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Seriously, though, money is an issue for me regarding these things. I'm not poor or anything, but I have very little disposable income.

I got married at 23 shortly after graduating college without being able to secure a full-time job in my chosen profession. My wife didn't have one either. So I was already knee-deep in debt with a car payment and student loans in addition to rent and all those utilities.

So things were pretty lean for four years, and we relied on that ol' Devil (read: credit cards) to pay for a lot of necessities and the occasional calamity (cars breaking down, etc.) in addition to far too many luxuries (comic books among them [Frown] ) we could've done without in hindsight. A word of advice: If you haven't yet run up credit card debt--DON'T START!

So when we finally both got full-time jobs, all the extra dough went to pay off that credit card debt. AND we bought a house. AND we had our first son!

Flash forward ten years, and I'm making much better money. BUT I had to take on a second mortgage to pay off all that debt, so I'm still not gonna be making money angels any time soon. I rarely use the ol' Devil anymore, but I'm still gonna be payin' him back for a loooong time.

So THAT's why I'm not gonna be going to San Diego (or, likely, any other such shindig) any time soon even though I'd really, REALLY want to!

Oh...and my wife won't let me. [Frown]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I hope to go, though I haven't wanted to commit yet. I just found out that my last trip to my parents' has bought me enough frequent flyer miles on Continental to get a free round-trip ticket anywhere in the USA, so I really just need to find a moderately-priced accomodation. [Smile]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm thinking about it ... have to see how things pan out ...

<splash>

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.