Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » 2008 Controversy (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 2008 Controversy
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Still reeling from the spinach/tomato debate of a few years ago, it occurred to me today that there is another topic which could very well rock Legion World to its very core and destroy the LMB.

Tartar Sauce.

I'll come out right now and tell you its one of my favorite things in the world. You take the greatest hot dog topping, pickle relish, and combine it with the greatest "good ol' sandwich" topic, mayo.

I like it with sea food. Hell, I dip my fries in it. If they gave me enough, I'd put Kahlua in it and drink it at parties.

I say its the greatest topping/dipping sauces of all time, in the history of all that ever was, including all that never wasn't.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hummus >>>>> Tartar Sauce

'Nuff Said

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Tartar sause is good once in a while, with fish and chips (but even here, it is secondary to the awesomness of salt and malt vinegar).

I suppose it could be used on other things. I may try it.

I doubt it would ever make my top ten of condiments. let alone sauces.

It's okay, but nothing that I could envision paralleling the spinach/tomato debate.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Tartar sauce? Gag me with a spoon!

Now, cocktail sauce... [Drool]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

mmmm.... cocktail sauce. Seafood, fries, who needs anything else? Plus, the basis, tomato and horseradish, is also a key ingrediant of a loody Mary.

take that, tartar!

Let the great Tartar/Cocktail feud begin in earnest!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
Malt Vinegar
Cocktail Sauce
Then Tarter Sauce
Tarter is a GREAT way to ruin good seafood, It's like putting ketchup on steak

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Gotta go with hummus in this three-way controversy.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

So! Hummus has two supporters while tarter has one...

will tartar be the Rudy Giuliani of this contest? The early frontrunner tossed aside like bad mayonaise out in the sun? And what is tartar but flavored mayo anyway?

Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Call me simple and old fashioned, but I prefer beurre blanc.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Pie!

Sorry, lost my head there.

Pie!

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Do not be fooled by the promises of Tartar Sauce. Tartar Sauce is no more than tarted up mayonnaise. And the whole world knows that mayo is a direct cause of cellulite.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Hm, you all argue good points:

My refrigerator is filled with hummus so to argue against it would make me a liar.

Salt & Vinegar with fries? Hey, I’m almost 100% Irish! I LOVE fries that way!

But you all are stuck in the past! Tartar sauce is new and fresh! Get off your high horses and get in the trenches with the common people. Lurkers, Alt IDs and myself like tartar sauce. Why, back in my early LMB days, I would incorporate tartar sauce into all of my sexual deviations. Rather than use a pen and ink, I would put a thumbprint in tartar sauce on pieces of paper like my royal seal. Tartar Sauce is the greatest thing of all time, with the exception of perhaps indoor plumbing and the free market!

PS - Cocktail sauce is delicious with shrimp, but other than that, I hardly use it.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

And yet, you're too American to call a chip a chip [Razz] [And, by extension, a crisp a "crisp".]

[ January 31, 2008, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Au naturale` is the only way to go.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

And yet, you're too American to call a chip a chip [Razz] [And, by extension, a crisp a "crisp".]
The people who invented the real chip (what you mistakenly call a "crisp") called it a chip, so there is no need to adopt in incorrect term just ot please people who drive on the wrong side of the road.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.