Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » 2008 Controversy (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 2008 Controversy
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I have irrefutable evidence that tartar sauce is hiding relish of mass destruction within its mayonnaise base.

On the the crisps issue. There is a store in the 'WASPy' neighborhood that sells imported 'crisps'. The bizarre flavours alone should suggest that crisps are not chips.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Salt & Vinegar with fries? Hey, I’m almost 100% Irish! I LOVE fries that way!

And yet, you're too American to call a chip a chip [Razz] [And, by extension, a crisp a "crisp".]
The people who invented the real chip (what you mistakenly call a "crisp") called it a chip, so there is no need to adopt in incorrect term just ot please people who drive on the wrong side of the road.
As leader maybe my first laws should be to rename chips and crisps so that they are correctly identified and as for driving all you should swap sides for six months and see how much easier it is. [LOL]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I think you are all missing out on the wonders of guacamole!
Its great for chips (or crisps [Smile] ) great on a sandwich and wonderful mixed into an omelette.
It even rolls of the tongue in a fantastic way...just say it...GWA-CAW-MOLEY. Yeah say it again!

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Guacamole is also good on cheeseburgers!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
As for the "chip/crisp" thing, even here in the US, Pringle's are labeled as "crisps", because they are made of extruded potato dough rather than cut from potatoes. The label in Spanish refers to them as "papitas crujienetes", which more or less means "potato crunchies".

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I like tartar sauce when it is made with DILL relish. Sweet pickle tartar sauce is just.... gross. And why is it sometimes yellowish in color? Also, there should be NO ONION flavor to the dill tartar sauce. If I wanted onion (which I never do) I'd get onion (which I never will).

Dill, non onion-y tartar sauce is delicious with fries and deep fried/battered fish. However, I've seen people use tartar sauce on grilled salmon. This is appalling to me! Yes, a nice beurre rouge or perhaps a seasonal chutney should be served with salmon... or, as someone stated... au naturale.

Hummus is a true delight, best with freshly toasted pita triangles and an assortment of interesting vegetables (since I don't like onion, there will be more for you). Lots of garlic is good in hummus, but bring a mint, please!

I'm sure it will come as no surprise that I don't care for onion in my guacamole. I prefer a simple recipe with large chunks of onion, easy to set aside. Don't forget to season with cumin!

I love Lay's potato chips or Ruffles, but they are only brought into the Sketch house for special occasions, parties. I like a variety of dips for them, but.... wait for it... no onion!

Now you all know where I stand on this controversy. Let the chips fall where they may!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
As for the "chip/crisp" thing, even here in the US, Pringle's are labeled as "crisps", because they are made of extruded potato dough rather than cut from potatoes. The label in Spanish refers to them as "papitas crujienetes", which more or less means "potato crunchies".

As for Pringles. I refuse to eat Pringles because they are made by Proctor and Gamble. P&G entered the chip, cereal and coffee markets (blech Folgers) when they discovered that the machinery they used to grind up Tide into nice granulated detergent powder could be used to grind coffee cereal and potato products. Ever wonder why Pringles are made of mashed potatoes and not potatoes? It's because P&G has no organizational competencies with whole food products.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Love Pringles. Hate Folgers. Kinda neutral on Tide.

Dare I bring salsa into the discussion?

Tartar sauce, hummas and cocktail sauce are all pretty much mutually exclusive condiments to me.

Does tartar sauce actually contain tartar?
Why is something made of chick peas and oil so darned expensive.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Guacamole is also good on cheeseburgers!

Guacamole is good on many many many things!

as one example, Guac and turkey sandwiches rule!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Just to show there's no hard feelings, I made tartar sauce last night.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
this thread is not controversial enough!

how about:
anyone who uses tarter sauce on anything other than fish (and even then, excluding salmon) are evil, nasty people who kick kittens and practice human sacrifice!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
While I'm remaining neutral on this subject, I'd just like to point out that calling your opponents "doodoo heads" always seems to notch up the level of controversy quite a bit!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
...and as for driving all you should swap sides for six months and see how much easier it is. [LOL]

I have tried that. But the other drivers get these panicked looks about them.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone who prefers tartar sauce is a doodoo head!!! [Wink]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Only doodoo heads don't like tartar sauce!! [Wink]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.