Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » Legionnopolis General Hospital (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Legionnopolis General Hospital
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
<takes a stunned, but strangely calm, Cobalt Kid firmly by the arm>

I'm sorry, Mr. Cobaltus, but he's clearly upset...please...

<Cobalt removes Clive's grip>

"That's not necessary, Clive...I'll go..."

<glances back at his friend for a moment, then leaves>

<Clive sees the glow from Lardy subside>

Are...are you feeling better now, father?

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
yes...thank you, Clive.

<takes a drink of water>

I..can't explain it. You're sure he was my friend?

<Clive, Rocky and Stealth nod>

I...just don't know...

<he closes his eyes and struggles in vain to remember>

<Stealth massages his temples and soothes him>>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
<excuses himself for a moment>

<withdraws his portable omnicom>

Ms. Shady...this is Clive.

Yes, there's been a change. He's reacted negatively, violently even, to Mr. Cobaltus on his first visit for some unknown reason.

I don't know...is it possible that Mr. Cobaltus, of all people, harmed father in some way?

<conversation continues for a few moments more...>

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
*As Quislet, Esq. leaves Lard Lad's hospital room, he sees his fiance, Roy (formerly known as the Royal Inquisitor). with Roy is a shadowy figure - a very buff sahdowy figure. As Quislet, Esq. approaches the two, the shadowy figure goes to a door to the stairwell.*

Hey Roy! Who were you talking to?

Roy: No one! Um.. it was just an orderly. Say, how's Lard Lad?

Physically he's fine, but he's like a blank slate mentally. He's eating some pizza right now. Hey are you hungry? We could grab some lunch now. Maybe head over to may place for dessert *Quislet, Esq. pinches Roy's butt.*

Um maybe some other time honeybunch. I, uh, I have some things to do. I may have a lead on a job.

*Roy leaves with Quislet, Esq. watching him suspiciously.*

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

<later, finds Cobalt in the hospital lobby>

Excuse me, Mr. Cobaltus...can you give me any insight as to why my father reacted that way to you?!?!?

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sorry Clive, but I cannot.

I--<sighs>. Sorry.

<returns to the RMB>

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, well, well. I didn't realize this was the nut ward.

Just think, I come here to help cheer up a few patients in the terminal ward and what do I find?

Why a sight that cheers me up!

Welcome back LardButt! Get better quick!

So I can beat your sorry lard-butt a few more times.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<sees Gary>

Hey! I...I think I remember you--or at least similarly to the way I 'remembered' that Cobalt guy I wanted to fry earlier--feelings, really...gut instinct...

...except with you, it's...different--like, the opposite of how I felt when I first saw him.

Were we, like, best friends? Please stay and tell me more!

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
<Stares at lard Lad Thoughtfully>

Amnesia?

No, we weren't friends. <shakes head sadly> You were too far under Cobalt Kid's thumb for us to ever be friends but that doesn't have to be the way things are now.

You saved all of us, the entire world. You laid down your life to defeat the Computer Tyrant and Cobalt took credit for your heroism.

Open your eyes and really look at what's going on here on Legion World.

Then I think we'll be friends.

--------------------

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I...I did all that?

<thinks>

And what you said would explain my reaction to that Cobalt Kid earlier--I don't trust him.

I'd be more than willing to listen to your point of view...if you have time, that is.

--------------------

Space Ranger
Private Dick

Listening to my point of view won't really tell you much...

Watch what I do, watch what Cobalt does, and Clive, and Faraway, and Nova Girl, and anyone else you have questions about, what we do is important.

What we say, not so much...

--------------------

Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Good Evening Mr Concord, how nice of you to drop in.

Planning any more atempts to conquer Legion World this month.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<on his own, thinking about Gary's words>

Well, unlike many of the others, Gary's encouraging me to think for myself instead of telling me how I ought to act like this "Lard Lad".

<walks to nurse station>

Nurse? Does this hospital have a library? It does? On the ground floor?

<Stealth accompanies him and shows him how to use the archive computers>

"Got it, Lardy?"

Yeah, I think so, Stealth. Thanks.

"No problem. I'm going to step out to the cafeteria for a snack for a few. Want anything?"

Um, yeah--could you get me a piece of pizza to go?

"Sure thing, but you'll have to wait and eat it after you get back to your room. Be back, soon."

Bye. <he stares after her for a long moment> Man, I like her...a lot! But I don't know if she feels...

<he's interrupted by a beep displaying his search results>

Yeesh--more than a million hits? Well, I'll read 'em all if I have to--ntil I know what I need to about my 'buddy' Cobalt Kid....

<displays first file>

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<after about 30 minutes>

Damn! I've barely scratched the surface, but from what I've read, Cobalt Kid is either, at best, a narcissist whose complete vanity occasionally puts others in harm's way...or at worst, potentially the biggest threat to peace in the galaxy!

<sees Stealth re-entering the library>

I've gotta upload some of this to my room's Omnicom. Hmmm...that looks interesting. An unauthorized biography by one S. Lim.

<uploads>

<Stealth appears beside him>

"Reading anything interesting?"

Uh...not really. I feel I can trust her, but then again she could be in league with Cobalt... I'm actually feeling pretty tired. Mind if I excuse myself to my room for the night?

"No problem, Lardy" <holds out bag> "Here's your pizza."

Thanks, Stealth. <hugs her> Seeya tomorrow?

"Sure thing!"

<both leave...Stealth to her home, Lardy back to his room at the psyche ward>

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
If Lardy finds that archived footage of me hosting the 'Ms. Mayavale University Contest 3005' that should pretty much put the last nail in the coffin [Eek!]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.