Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » Did you ever wonder why... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Did you ever wonder why...
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Sometimes Superboy's
(Sorry, had to pay a royalty to the Siegels)
curl is an "S", sometimes a backwards "S" and sometimes a "C" and sometimes non-existent and ...ohh, you get the idea.

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
With a twelfth level intelligence, why couldn't he come up with a better name than "Brainiac 5?"

--------------------

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Charlemagne
Frisky Perchlorate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Charlemagne   Email Kid Charlemagne         Edit/Delete Post     
In the first issue of CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, Dawnstar [Dawnstar] didn't just tell the Monitor:

"In the recent past of my time, my team had access to a device called the Miracle Machine that could do, basically, anything. We had to destroy it because one of our members went mad and used it to create an otherwise unstoppable foe. If you can send me forward to a time in between the time I joined and the time Brainy went mad, I can talk my teammates into lending it to you and you can destroy the Anti-Monitor with it!" [Hmmm?]

Of course, we know the real reason: because the nassheads upstairs at DC had decided the multiverse was too complicated, and DC had to have one universe just like Marvel. Then, of course, roughly 20 years later, Marvel produced its "Ultimate line" and proved multiple continuities CAN work. [Mad]

--------------------
If your klordny lasts longer than 4 hours, seek medical attention.

From: Arkansas Province, Baaldur | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matter Lad
What is a madman, but a broken genius?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matter Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Matter Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
First two questions...

Just because superboy has hair doesn't mean it's ALWAYS perfect. Nobody's perfect.

Brainiac must be paying tribute to his lineage, both to make up for the sins of the father and to make a name for himself as a different person altogether.

Besides. Why fix what isn't broken. Could we imagine Brainiac as anybody else now?

--------------------
My homepage
Jus ad Bellum
Shinto

From: Saginaw, MI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Pre-Crisis Superboy's four vulnerabilities:

1. Kryptonite
2. Red Sun radiation
3. Magic
4. Bad Hair Days.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matter Lad
What is a madman, but a broken genius?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matter Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Matter Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Heh.

Question:
In the Legion, I recall Superboy having to rely on Mon-El and Ultra Boy to protect him from Gold Kryptonite, which would permanently take away his powers.

I understand it could be rarer, but why doesn't Luthor just find a hunk of this and get Superman with it? If he can get green kryptonit close enough, why not gold?

--------------------
My homepage
Jus ad Bellum
Shinto

From: Saginaw, MI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Gold kryptonite *is* much rarer than green, and I'm not sure Luthor ever got ahold of any.

There's a Superfriends episode where Darkseid manages to obtain a chunk and tries to use it to take away Superman's powers, but they trick him with the old "Batman disguises himself as Superman" routine.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Did you ever wonder why Wonder Woman didn't have a different outfit for the winter?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
What I wanted to know was if her invisible plane had an invisible restroom.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
And why did she never try to market the tech in that boustier of hers? I mean she (regrettably [Frown] ) never ONCE fell outta that thing--even amidst all those scraps she's been in!!!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
What I wanted to know was if her invisible plane had an invisible restroom.

That was actually in an episode of Family Guy. Superman sees WW flying in her invisible jet and she is embarrassed because he has caught her in the invisible bathroom. The punchline is "I notice you didn't wash your hands in the invisible sink!"

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Other stuff to wonder (based on the last post)
Why did it have to be invisible?
And since it is, does it make her feel like an idiot that she's not?
For that matter, if it's invisible, why couldn't the invisibilty extend to her?

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
And if it's invisible, how does she find it? Does she just walk around till she bumps into it?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Has Wonder Woman lost something when they dumped the Invisible Jet and let her fly unaided (technically ride the wind currents)?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
why did dr. cyber remember killing steve trevor (the first one) (earth 1) when her memories should have been wipped out like everyone on Earth from the mists of nepherne (however its spelled)?

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.