Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Overused/Underused Legionnaires (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Overused/Underused Legionnaires
M'onel
May be Lethbridge's #1 Legion Fan...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M'onel   Author's Homepage   Email M'onel         Edit/Delete Post     
With the Kid Quantum II topic it makes me wonder about about Legionnaires that have gains too much or not enough exposure in the past issues.

Kid Quantum II as of late has been getting too much exposure, of course she is leader but I can hardly wait till some other members get the spotlight.

Ultra Boy and Appirition like many of the members of this forum I want too see some resultion to their rocky marriage. And I'd also like to see Ultra Boy shoved out of the spolight for I really don't see him as interesting in the least.

I also have had more than my share of Shikari and Saturn Girl too.

However I can never get enough of Brainy [Smile]

As for Legionnaires that need some time to shine; I think LeVIathan, M'onel, Spark and XS.

Toodles [Wink]

--------------------
A Chaotic Neutral stuck in a Lawful Good world

From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Add Invisible Kid to your list of underused and I'm 100% in agreement.

Brainy's my favorite, so I'm happy with him in every issue. He does get a lot of focus, however - if somebody has to retire from the spotlight, he could well be a candidate.

Of course, there's all the minor characters (Chuck Taine, for example) and the people I want brought back (an endless list!).

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Underexposed

LYLE - He's been relegated to playing the role of Brainy's proxy or the voice of reason. He deserves much better.
TASMIA - I can't wait for issue #24.
VIOLET - I'm content to sit back and see that DnA have in store for her. As long as it has nothing to do with the Emerald Eye.

I also look forward to seeing the evolution of DIRK's plasma-based powers.

Overexposed

JO and TINYA - I agree they should take a sabbatical, but this may not happen soon given the possible new Cub "angle".

I disagree with the consenus of opinion against JAZMIN. I like the character and think her current exposure is appropriate to her role as leader.

Plenty of panel time, but ..

ROKK - He's not one of my favorites, but as a founder he deserves a personality. I'd like to see him confront something he can't handle or have a crisis of confidence.

IMRA - Yes, she's had more than her share of exposure, but she's at the center of everything and I'm intrigued by DnA's recent statement: "Saturn Girl was in many ways the main character in 'Legion Lost', and the repercussions of that adventure need to be played out properly." Saturn Girl needs to acknowledge -- and pay for -- the damage she's caused. I won't be able to make peace with her until this happens.

M'ONEL - Such enormous potential. I want to know more about him as long as it doesn't dilute the mystery that makes this character so intriguing.

[ July 21, 2003, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Tromium Crystal ]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
VI - It's been mentioned ad infinitum how much she has been underused since, hell, LEGION of the DAMNED.

We need more Vi. NOW.

When I think of the rest of the team, I really think everyone has had some good moments, even though the big stars have been Imra, Jo, Tinya, Brin, Jazmin, Lar, Brainy, and now Sensor.

I would like to see how the horrors Jenni witnessed on Xanthu have affected her sunny disposition. I also think that Zoe was pretty connected emotionally to a majority of the rebot team. We need to see a return to the non-terrorform Zoe, or we need to see how everyone is adjusting to this newest change. This could be a good opportunity to bring back Mysa into the book for a bit.

Even though Jo and Tinya are two of my favorite Legionnaires (just check my top 25 list in the "football poll" thread in the Planteary Chance Machine,) I'm tired of their marital problems. They need to get over it, and I'm STILL waiting for the bitchslapping Tinya is going to lay down on Imra's ass when she finds out that Imra was psychically sleeping with Jo for most of that year, because Imra IS a shameless hussy, after all. [Smile]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I would love to see alot more of Lyle.

ALOT more!!

[Invisible Kid]
lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Overexposed:

Shikari - ugh...

Saturn Girl - Enough already, it reminds me of the Scarlet Witch over in Avengers

Apparition - I don't mind this since she wasn't in Lost, but other characters need to shine

Kid Quantum - Again, enough. I GET that she's a good leader. But you know what, I did't have to have it force fed to me that Dream Girl was a good leader pre-boot. And that is exactly what I am feeling with Jazmin.

Ultra Boy - He needs a long break

Legionnaires in need of exposure

XS - let's do SOMETHING with her

Violet - PLEASE???!!!!

Kinetix - As mentioned above, she connected with almost everyone before Legion of the Damned. Let's see some interaction with the others.

Invisible Kid - More Lyle is always a good thing.

On the bubble
Star Boy - He seems to get a lot of face time, but no real developement

Timber Wolf - Too new to say, but may end up in the overexposed list

Spark - Again, face time, but no developement.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penda
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penda           Edit/Delete Post     
The most underused legionnaires that need serious QUALITY panel time are:
Umbra
Triad
Timber Wolf
Invisible Kid (not just as a sidekick to Brainy!)
The most overused:
Kid Quantum II
Shikari
Sensor
The least understood:
Ultra Boy & Apparition
Saturn Girl
Mon-el
They are interesting, but not being used to their full potential.
Please note that these comments reflect MY personal opinions, not the opinions of any other member of this message board. Just look at the "Top 25 Legionnaires" poll results to see how diversified opinions really are.

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
I think the most over-used are Ultra Boy, Kid Q and saturn Girl.

Most underused: Invisible Kid, XS, Vi, Gates

I also would LOVE to see Cos get a story beyond being the leader-man.

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Overused:

Kid Q - But it's pretty hard to avid writing the leader into story.

Saturn Girl - But the focus on her is logical; there's a lot of repercussions that need to be dealt with.

Apparition/Ultra Boy - A lot of repercussions here, too, but it's time to wrap this one up.

Shikari - This is the one that really annoys me. Half of her appearences seem to be in scenes where any Legionnaire would work. Sometimes better. (ie Why was Shikari talking to RJ in #15(?)and not Cos?)

Underused:

VIOLET! (Well, what did you think I'd say?)
Cosmic Boy
Invisible Kid
Gates
Triad
Gear
XS
Kinetix
Umbra
Sparks (I can't believe I said that.)

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't know how I could forget Gates in the underused list.

Pre-rift he got a good deal of panel time and, more importantly perhaps, was developed as a unique personality. Post rift/Lost, we had the dramatic story of his imprisonment and rescue.
There hasn't been that much of him lately. I was thinking, as well, that Gates was demonstrating considerable weakness in the Ra's escape story - is this lingering effects of his imprisonment or some set-up for a future story development (similar questions re:M'onel)? Perhaps whatever/whoever is behind Dream Crime is playing with Legionnaires' powers. Star Boy is also suffering some effects. Sensor's super-strength is questionable.
Maybe that's why Vi won't shrink - she can't but doesn't want to admit it.

Couldn't help but amble off the path here into Wild Speculation, my favorite place.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
i'd so GATES has been the most underused of the current title !! i think we've ONLY seen in 2 issues properly !!

as for JO and TINYA well they are MY favourites !!! so i don't think they are overused !!!

but .... i would like to see a wrap up of this LOVE TRIANGLE !!! with IMRA !!! and some stablity given to CUB !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd love to see Wildfire perform more effectively in battle - he's always been a heavy hitter, but it hasn't come across since his spotlight in "Legion Lost" -- but then again so is M'onel and we see how he's been getting beat up.

I think the major task for DnA is to simply touch base with most of the members and check in with them. A lot has happened since Widening Rifts and the personal repercussions for most of the characters are waiting to be explored.

-- One of the big ones for me is Imra's actions during "Lost". It wasn't just that she and Jo kissed, the whole "fake Tinya" thing hurt the entire team and Imra hasn't really had to confront it. Do the others not trust her as much? Are they just laying off her because she's still getting over Garth?
-- Gates, Thom, XS, M'onel and Kinetix have had recent traumas that I would think might take time for them to get over. We've seen Sensor's reaction to her metamorphosis, why not Zoe's? (or is she a blank slate again?)

Granted, there's a lot to cover and DnA have touched on some issues amidst the action. I think they really need another "quiet" issue to showcase how the team is doing, not just one or two characters.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
GATES! How could I have forgotten to mention Gates, that little worm. I miss his biting wit.

Regarding the endless topic of Saturn Girl, the only one to really call her on her behavior was Shikari. I'm surprised Jazmin hasn't brought it up as she was pretty turned off at the time. I suspect the other, non-Lost Legionnaires are unaware of the full extent of her deception, if they are aware of it at all. Certainly Tinya doesn't know that Imra impersonated her, or she would already have ripped her heart out of her chest. As for getting over Garth, SG has barely acknowledged his death -- still supressing it I guess, ergo the wet dream. It's taken DnA a long time to weave these myriad threads together, keeping Imra in the spotlight but with so many unanswered questions. I expect it will all come to a head soon, so we can move on to other matters and focus on other, underutilized characters.

If Zoe is transformed again, I hope she gets new, non-mystical related powers.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
GATES has been monstrously underused since his terrific comeback in THE LEGION 4.

I can never get enough TRIAD and lately I haven't been getting ANY.

Fix KINETIX. ASAP please.

I'm not post-boot VIOLET's biggest fan, but she certainly has been underused for a couple/three years now.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Way overexposed:
Jo, Tinya, Imra -- Get their storylines resolved ASAP and move on to other folks!

Legionnaires I'd like to see more of:
XS, Gates, Triad

Way underexposed:
Vi Vi Vi Vi Vi!!! [Embarrassed]

Plus, I want to know what's been going on with Dirk Morgna, Mysa, Dragonmage, Lori Morning, Tenzil Kem, Marla Latham, and even Sandy "Inferno" Anderson!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.