Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Sizzling Satellites! Superboy's Legion Sequel!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sizzling Satellites! Superboy's Legion Sequel!
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
From the Lying in the Gutters column over at CBR - news from the San Diego Con. Anyone else know about this?

CALL THEM LEGION

I hear that Barry Kitson may be one of DC's to-be-announced
exclusives. After Mark Waid was dropped from "Fantastic
Four," it's rumoured that Kitson was going to leave in
"sympathy." Either way, he's slated to draw "L.E.G.I.O.N."
after he's finished "Empire."

I also hear that Alan Davis is to work on a sequel to the "Superboy's
Legion" Elseworlds, after finishing his current Elseworlds sequel, "Another
Nail."

[ July 21, 2003, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Fat Cramer ]

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Kick total ASS!!!!!

I _knew_ they would be INSANE to turn down a Farmer/Davis S'sL sequel!!!! YES YES YES!

(Am ALSO excited about the Kitson/L.E.G.I.O.N. news!)

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I hate to be the bubble burster here but Rich is just telling old stories here. He is speaking of Davis' offering of doing a sequel, like we've all heard, but he was turned down because of the ending of the Elseworlds line.

Unless DC turned about after the con this weekend we still won't be seeing the Superboy's Legion sequel.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
This would be a good thing.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I hope this gets published-- even if I didn't love the first one quite as much as most people seem to have.

I'm more excited about ANOTHER NAIL, personally.

I wish L.E.G.I.O.N. would be set in another dimension, or something. I enjoyed the characters and many of the stories, but I always felt the series and the characters took away from the Legion's (31st c version) specialness, somehow.

Maybe if there were less direct counterparts to Legionnaires, I'd be more open to it.

Somewhere or other I also saw a blurb that read something like "THE LEGION will be tied more directly to the 21st century in 2004" (very much paraphrased). Perhaps this means Superboy and the six-issue FOUNDATIONS storyline, perhaps something more?

TN [Invisible Kid]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I went to the DCU panel at the Con and the LEGION was all but ignored.

The first question raised by the crowd after the presentation was something like, 'I'd liked to ask Andy Lanning about what's going to be happening in the Legion.' The reply was Andy and the Legion staff didn't come, but it'll be good. I'm assuming the questioneer was confused because the (wacky) editor of iCandy talked at length about that project.

Unfortunately, all that they seemed to discuss were non-DCU titles and stories. Oh, and Batman, have you heard of him? It really was a waste of my time. Most of the DCU panel seemed drunk or on drugs, which was the only thing that kept me from walking out sooner. [Smile]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
The sequel would be so great; I hope they find a way to do it.

I had a good con in relation to the Legion... I completed my run of Superboy and the LSh from 197 forward AND I got the over-sized Imra/Garth wedding book. [Cool] I got to see the action figures to be released next year. They were at the very bottom of the display case [Roll Eyes] ,but they looked decent, if not as good as the founders, and at least DC Direct is continuing to release them. Also, I tried to wait around on Saturday to get Batista to autograph a recent issue, but he didn't show during his timeslot. [Frown] On the other hand, Paul Levitz was wandering around the DC area (I only recognized him from the recent History Channel thing) and I got his autograph on LSH v.3 #37 (He said, "thanks for remembering," and wrote "Enjoy the Future - Paul Levitz") [Big Grin]

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rokk steady:
On the other hand, Paul Levitz was wandering around the DC area (I only recognized him from the recent History Channel thing) and I got his autograph on LSH v.3 #37 (He said, "thanks for remembering," and wrote "Enjoy the Future - Paul Levitz") [Big Grin]

Wow! [Cool]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well I just heard back from Rich Johnston and he says he picked up the news from SDCC so it may be a reversal on DC's part. Let's hope it is.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:

Unfortunately, all that they seemed to discuss were non-DCU titles and stories. Oh, and Batman, have you heard of him?

No - some new character they're bringing out? Or is he the Legion of Super-Rodents guy?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe that Rich guy saw the thread over at the DCMB's demanding that the sequel gets published. He knows: when Legion fans say jump, DC asks "how high?"
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Then why the HELL aren't we getting Cockrum and Grell-era DCDirect figures?!

JUMP already, DC!!! [Mad]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.