Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » I WANNA BE LEGION LEADER!!!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I WANNA BE LEGION LEADER!!!
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, that's how Lori Morning would campaign for the job!

Seriously, I know Jazmin's term probably won't be up for quite some time (probably at least till issue 30-35,) but it seems like people are ready to start talking about a replacement. And since EDE or Reep are going to start a poll about this subject in the very near future, I thought it would be nice to have a discussion thread about it.

Soooo... who's available? I think it'll be years before the Legion is comfortable with Imra being leader again. I also think an obvious choice is Triad, but is she the best fit for the job? She seems more comfortable in an administrative role (I know she kicked Ra's Al Ghul's ass though.) Cosmic Boy seems to not want it. And with the way M'onel is being written these days, he doesn't seem to be a good fit either.

I wonder how Cham would do the job...

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Sure as shootin', it won't be Element Lad!

I'd prefer to see a non-human as the next leader, in recognition of the diversity of the Legion and the U.P. Cham is an excellent choice on account of his seniority and level-headedness. He's seen it all, done it all. Jeka, if she can overcome her personal crisis, might be another good candidate in view of her family's tradition of leadership. Gates, as a bad-tempered political extremist, barely merits consideration. Gear is much too new and untested. Most would consider Brainy a human variation, despite his green skin and 12th level intellect, but I'll include him in this group anyway. I think he'll be ready someday, but not yet.

Cham is by far the best candidate, imo.

[ July 22, 2003, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Tromium Crystal ]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Nope. I think its Lu's turn. See ran Brande's corporation while the lost was gone while still helping put the Legion back together. And, after all, aren't three heads better than one?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree Triad seems completely suited for the job.

Invisible Kid is also still viable to reclaim the position.

I think Vi might even be able to handle it, but it's been so long since we've really checked in with her, it's hard to say for sure.

I almost think Karate Kid's a viable candidate, but he'd have to do something to convince the team members since he's always been a bit distant.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not sure Lyle would want the job; and I agree that KK is a bit too distant, but that could change.

Vi deserves another chance at leadership, but not until she's gotten some development.

Gates as leader could be a lot of fun, but probably disastorous.

Triad, Cos and Cham seem the best choices to me.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I favor Cham, for the change and I think he has a lot of leadership qualities. Triad would be an equally acceptable choice, but maybe she'd have everyone filing reports in triplicate.

Other possiblities would be Ultra Boy, Apparition or Wildfire. It would be good to have a return of deputy leader, so someone a bit less "leaderish" could be in that position; wouldn't have the full responsibility but could be used in some stories.

Not considered because of on-going/unresolved problems: Star Boy, Sensor, Umbra, Kinetix, Saturn Girl (not sure where she's at right now).

Karate Kid, Ferro, Element Lad, Lightning Lad: excluded mainly because it's not certain how and in what shape, or if, they're returning.

Cos, Invisible Kid, Vi, Kid Q. have had a shot at it - just time for someone new.

M'onel, Gates, Brainy I'd exclude for character reasons - just don't seem suited to lead. M'onel could, I believe, but doesn't want to.

XS, Spark, Shikari just strike me as too young somehow.

Are Chuck and Gear actual Legionnaires, or support? I wouldn't put either in a leader position anyways - they haven't really been shown as active, mission-oriented characters.

I probably forgot somebody, but if I forgot them I guess they wouldn't be high on my leader list.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Although I'm on record as saying Triad deserves leadership, on reflection I agree that Cham would make an interesting candidate - how would the general public of the 31st C take to a Durlan leading the team? The dynamics would be great!
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
It's all about her:

[Triplicate Girl]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought I'd posted to this thread already...

Oh, well. The main thing I'd say in favor of Cham as leader is that it would at least give him some role in the current Legion. After all, Lyle's stolen the "espionage squad" guru role and Gates pretty much has the "species rights" angle down, so Cham has very little of a distinctive function at the moment.

I fully support Triad, however.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
I might go for Cham. Only thing was he sorta did "leader" in the early issues of Legionnaires as an advisor. But he might be interesting.

I'm against Vi as leader. I think there's been way too much focus on her, what with Emerald Vi and the Leviathan change. It was aways back, but it seemed too much back then. I really don't care for her as Leader.

I'd prefer Mon-el, which is a little surprising to me, but I think it would interesting. Also Ultra Boy if they want to revive his leadership capabilities shown in Adventure & Action & Vol 4.

Of the women, Triad does stand out and offers unique opportunites using her power in simultaneous strategic and tactical functions as the Main Team Leader and 2 Field-Team Leaders. It might be the best use and depiction of her power ever.

And she could lose a body while a leader! Whatta storyline!

[Chameleon Boy]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.