Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Legionnaire's Accents (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legionnaire's Accents
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Assuming the entire galaxy hasn't adopted the Mid-West Anchorman accent by 3003, what Earth accents would you associate with which Legionnaire?

I've just made Apparition speak White South African - didn't like their politics, but I do like the accent.

M'onel sounds British, upper crust.

I'll bet some of our British members could come up with more accurate accents from the UK, based on the different regions.

Gates has a Russian accent.

Sensor sounds Arabic. Shikari sounds East Indian.

Brainiac 5 - I'm usually inclined to give him the old Oxbridge sound, but this time I think I'll make him sound German.

And R.J. - Texas, of course!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Garth and Ayla would have an Oklahoma accent.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Someone should have that vocal reverb like the Visitors in V.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
And maybe Imra would have a Bostonian/Kennedy accent.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
Someone should have that vocal reverb like the Visitors in V.

Tellus?
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Gates -- Scottish accent
Jo -- pure Keanu "dude" accent
Shikari -- Japanese accent
Ayla and Garth -- definitely mid-west
Brainiac -- upper class stiff British
Timberwolf -- Irish (I may have been influenced by Colin Farell on that one)
Tinya -- New England
Triad -- New Zealand
Cham -- North African

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh yeah -- and WILDFIRE -- represen'n da boogie down! (that's the Bronx to y'all)
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd give Chuck Taine a southern drawl. And Triad would sound Swedish.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Jo - Brooklyn

Kid Q II - Gullah

Kinetix - old southern

Mon-El - Kansas

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Apparition talks with the kind of "faux-British 'cos were being all formal" accent that Princess Leia had in Star Wars

Gear is now Don Adams in my mind.

Darkseid has the voice he had on the Superfriends cartoon.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Please let this work, please let this work! (Ahem, I'm playing with Firebird.)

I think someone once suggested in a fanfic that Violet had an East European accent. I like that.

I keep thinnking of Brin as having a British Accent, but Irish works well, too.

Apparition might have an upper class Boston accent. (It would certainly suit her mother.)

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! I can still post. [Smile]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
FC has started some awesome threads!

And this is one of them...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Garth and Ayla- FARGO accent!
Imra-the perfect American broadcaster accent
Brainy- like a teen Dexter
Jo-like Deniro (you talkin' ta me?)
Winema and Tinya- Winema would be really annoying like the Nanny (Long Island style), but snotty, and Tinya's voice would be a refined version of the same. (Tinya would say to Jo, "Come 'ere yooo.")

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
I always imagined Jan and his fellow Trommites sounding Finnish, except I don't really know that Finnish sounds like.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.