Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Legionnaire's Accents (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legionnaire's Accents
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Definitely some kind of Scandanavian accent for Jan!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I wonder if we'll have to be re-imagining the Legionnaires' accents come the New Year!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
FC,

Great idea! It never occurred to me to think of accents! This would actually be a great way for Waid to differentiate the Legionnaires -- give them different colloquialisms, pronunciations and vocabulary sets. This is one of the best things about Fantastic Four (which Waid writes very well, IMO).

Brainy as Dexter is brilliant! (Although I somehow imagine Mr. Burns for Brainy, as well, mainly because my boss has a 12th-level intelligence and frequently lapses into Burns.)

Since I am fond of my adopted home town, I would love to see a Legionnaire with a Chicago accent/sensibility: a combination of plain-spokeness (not rudeness) and street-smarts, expressed in Dem/Dese/Dose. I think Cosmic Boy would be good candidate (magnetism = rust belt/poverty). It would be great if more Legionnaires were more working-class heroes rather than always so erudite.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Brainy would sound like the Niles Crane character from cheers.

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
What if they all had Monty Pythonesque bad Frainch Ac-soints?

Noiw go awey, or we shell taount you some more!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Good one! [Yes] Yeah, what if? [Smile]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Listening to Donovan's Season of the Witch (again), thinking how it reminds me of Mysa as the Black Witch, it occurred to me that Blok could have a voice like Donovan's - soft, Scottish accent.

I always fell into the cliché of hearing him in a low, rumbly voice, because his form is so substantial. A softer, higher voice would match his character.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:

M'onel sounds British, upper crust

Jeepers! Didn't DC steal this idea from FC?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.