Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Who SHOULD the Time Trapper have been? (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Who SHOULD the Time Trapper have been?
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
Frunt. But watch your dosage.

[Chameleon Boy]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
BTW, FYI everybody, the current issue of Scientific American has a interesting cover featured article about the current opinion among some physicists that we live in a holographic universe.

I mention it here because it begins with a brief discussion of two major theories of entrophy, thermodynamical and informational. I haven't read the full article (a slow go for a non-science major,) but it raises some interesting possibilities in general, and also is food for thought regarding the Time Trapper's supposed relationship to entrophy.

[Chameleon Boy]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mdm2995
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mdm2995   Email mdm2995         Edit/Delete Post     
I believe early Legion scribe Edmond Hamilton created the Time Trapper; wonder who he thought was under the hood?
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
As I've mentioned before, there is an interesting resemblance between the war-ravaged future city that the Time Trapper calls home in the early Adventure issues and the future time to which Dynamo Boy is transported by the LSV. Connecting the two of them would have been a great opportunity...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by mdm2995:
I believe early Legion scribe Edmond Hamilton created the Time Trapper; wonder who he thought was under the hood?

In those early appearances, TT is only refered to as, paraphrasing, "a super-scientist crimnal mastermind who has created an iron curtain of time."

I doubt Hamilton imagined much more than that. It was really just a device to get Superboy & Mon-El off panel, on a mission to break through the curtain, so that the villain of the month would stand a chance.

This thread owes more to John Forte who, for whatever reason, chose to portray TT in a cloak & hood. Without that compelling visual, I doubt TT would ever have made it out of the Adventure era.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Proty

[Smile]

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
I always thought that he could have been Chemical King!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.