Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lessons from Steeple

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lessons from Steeple
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Thinking about what KK and Ferro learned during their time on Steeple. There were some psychological/emotional lessons - Ferro learned to accept his face, for example. And he's obviously grown up a bit, although that might have happened anywhere. However, maybe it was easier in a very supportive environment.

I was also thinking in terms of skills - wondering what other martial arts there are in the Legionverse besides Karate and Tri-jitsu. Steeple reminds me of Tibet, which makes me think of all the Oriental martial arts - some were designed for fighting but have become, in our day, more used for meditation or even just exercise. So Steeple could have been a fighting society (we did see swords and spears in this last issue) which adopted peaceful ways, but kept some martial traditions. I would like to see KK use some new techniques.

I also suspect that Karate Kid and Ferro trained together to keep their fighting skills honed - this would probably have been of particular benefit to Ferro.

Val also mastered riding the Blimp-steeds, but that might not be a transferable skill.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
There's that Harmonic Healing technique.

They have on one hand portrayed Steeple as "backward." Wasn't there a comment in Legion World's that the space port was the only concession to technology? Obviously it is not.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
The most important lesson learned on Steeple- never stand under a floating blimp-steed!!

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Chop Wood, Carry Water, Clean Stables

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
They have on one hand...

Ferro's right or left?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
They have on one hand...

Ferro's right or left?
Ferro was left and he's always right. I think that makes him bi-digital?

Steeple Proverb:
May the wind always blow-up your habit.

There may be some errors in translation. Other possibilities

May the wind always be up your tunic.
Up yours.
May the wind cool your genitals.
When bad smell drifts up, blame the blimp steed.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.