Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Postboot Legion Dangler List (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Postboot Legion Dangler List
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
For anyone who doesn't know: Any plot which was started, then dropped without resolution is a "dangler"

And I'm interested in seeing just how many danglers the post-ZH Legion actually has, so post away (perhaps, once most of the danglers have been added, this could be copied to the Encyclopedia Galactica section)

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Most of the danglers that immediately come to mind these days are open-ended concepts/events during DnA's run:

Where and what is the Omega Point?
What happened to COMPUTO?
Where is Andromeda?
What plans (if any) does Lightning Lord have?
What object is/was the Fatal Five looking for?
Whatever happened to Spider-Girl and Evolvo?
When (if ever) will Kinetix return to normal?
Whatever happened to the Uncanny Amazers, specifically Konk and Phrenologax (the bald guy)?
Will Thunder fulfill her promise and return to the 31st century one day?
Whatever happened to Tenzil Kem and Marla Latham?
Whatever happened to Lori?

Of course, there are a few danglers from the Stern/McCraw/Peyer days that come to mind:

The current status of Dirk Morgna.
What were the plans for the Heroes of Lallor?
What were the plans for the Substitute Heroes?
The identity and location of Tinya's third body.
What are the secrets of Brande's telepathic powers and Martian fascination?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Ra's Al Ghul. Twiddling his thumbs in a jail cell on Legion World, or quietly hatching another dastardly plan?
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
What Future said... plus, of course, who is "C"?

The one that most needs resolving, in my mind, is Tinya's third body, if it exists. As a half breed she might have only been able to split into two , but we don't know that and assume Captain Frake is still out there somewhere.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Future:
Whatever happened to the Uncanny Amazers, specifically Konk and Phrenologax (the bald guy)?

Two minor quibbles:

1. Konk's name is correctly spelt with an exclamation point, as in Konk!

2. Since I cannot pronounce Phrenologax, ("ghesutite" [Laugh Out Loud] ) his name was changed to Super-Phrenology Lad

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb
Member of Lash's Legion of Super Bitches

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caleb   Email Caleb         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought the fate of some of the Amazers, along with Particon and Radiation Roy, was handled in an issue of Starman. Weren't they absorbed by some super-cloud creature or something. I never got that issue but I read something about it in the Legion help file.

--------------------
Bring Back Tellus :tellus:

Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's one for you -

What about XS's "cosmic" destiny that the Time Trapper referred to back in that Dead Earth Annual? Still waiting to see where that one goes.

From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caleb:
I thought the fate of some of the Amazers, along with Particon and Radiation Roy, was handled in an issue of Starman. Weren't they absorbed by some super-cloud creature or something. I never got that issue but I read something about it in the Legion help file.

While Paritcon and Radion were seen as part of the Blighted in Legion of the Damned (I think LSH #123), I understand where the confusion comes from. For some reason Atom'X was being called Radion in the Legends of the Legion mini, and I think the name accidentally stuck in Starman #50 when Star Boy and the Amazers were used, despite Atom'X's death.

Good point though on that being where Konk! and the others may have gone, since Atmos and Insect Queen were seen as surviving that 'black mass' incident in Starman and have been the only Amazers to appear since. Then again, I seem to remember seeing some of the Amazers, specifically Atmos, Insect Queen, and the Bald Guy, in the background of Legionnaires #81, when Star Boy and Dreamer were leaving with them for Xanthu. I don't know if that's artist oversight or if all four of the remaining Amazers are supposed to be alive, but just haven't shown up yet. Maybe some of them were the casualties mentioned by Star Boy in Legion Worlds #4? Oy, who knew Amazers could be this confusing? [Roll Eyes]

It would be nice for DnA to include a final fate for the four remaining Amazers, both to confirm who's alive and to see what Insect Queen and Atmos will do with their lives. It would be cool to see them as the guardians of what remains of Xanthu as it blossoms back to a cultivated, habitable planet, but I also wouldn't mind seeing them become two more in the army of Xanthian Legionnaires! [Wink]

I echo Portfolio Boy though, first and foremost we need to find that third Tinya body!
[Phantom Girl] [Phantom Girl] [Phantom Girl]
It's just been too long of a dangling plot and it would be fun to revisit the Captain Frake concept with Tinya #3 as the good captain.

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Can't think of any more real danglers - but there's a few that haven't been resolved to my satisfaction:

- Some of the Legionnaires know M'onel is Valor and some don't - this has come up a few times with Triad. Will it just simmer on the plot backburner or be dealt with?

- the Paragon of Mercy, although that may be settled, along with Credo/Singularity in the expedition to Kwai universe that RJ and a team are supposed to undertake.

- retribution or punishment for the Footstep Drive research/program - that just seems to have been swept away like so much outdated technology. Certainly Ra's al Ghul/McCauley wasn't the only one aware of it, so where are the prosecutions?

And finally, one plot that ain't no dangler but should be put out of its misery: Jo/Tinya/Imra/Yawn!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
Since I cannot pronounce Phrenologax, ("ghesutite" [Laugh Out Loud] ) his name was changed to Super-Phrenology Lad

Haha. Super-Phrenology Lad works for me! We need more 'lad' names anyway. [Laugh Out Loud]
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
There were dasterdly plans afoot for Koko at one point, I believe. This is a story I could do without because it smacks of major shark-jumpism.

What about Kono? She's out there dangling somewheres tain't she?

Did anybody mention Star Boy's mysterious power up(I know it was space whale meat, but I don't think he ever figured it out), to completly igoring them, then straight to the faltering powers?

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Future:
The identity and location of Tinya's third body.

Just a check - Apparation is Tinya-Neutral, and Phase was Tinya-"Purple", weren't they? Which means its the "orange" body that's still gone.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Unlike Triad, whose separate personalities make her unique among Carggites, Apparition seems to have no fundamental personality distinctions among her seperate bodies, so no "purple", "neutral", "orange" for her.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Cub,

Vi not shrinking

Where did Validus get those shoes and what would the Queer Eye'd guys do for him?

Sharn Nux and the end of time thing.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
After being a big part of the "Legion World" issue, I'm wondering if we'll be seeing Magno again -- I think Rokk kinda promised him he'd get back to him if things worked out.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.