Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » JEFF MOY returns for 1 storyline: a DREAM or you SCREAM? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: JEFF MOY returns for 1 storyline: a DREAM or you SCREAM?
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Ok-- the recent pic of EMERALD KINETIX that was posted and more specifically, Povvins' new CHARMA avatar got me thinking... Moy's art was pretty sweet-- it was the stories that were mostly crap for the last couple years pre-DnA!

SO... Moy returns for a story-arc written by DnA--

A dream or you scream?

I wouldn't mind it.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Works for me.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Have to agree with the above, I wouldn't mind him coming back at all for a story arc or two!
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting note: Jeff drew DnA's first Legion story, in his last issue of LEGIONNAIRES, where a bunch of elements to the ROBOTICA story first popped up!

And I'd love to see Moy n' Carani illustrate an arc or stand-alone story in the current book. As long as we don't see Jenni's tongue... [Wink]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd buy.

What're Moy & Carani doing now anyway, anybody know?

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Last I heard Moy was doing the graphic novel versions of the Left Behind series. There is supposed to be five graphic novels for each of the nine novels in the series so he's probably pretty busy with that.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
As long as the story was decent and it wasn't a 'comedy' or some such silliness, I'd buy Moy on a few issues. But not as a regular.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I would love to see Moy used in the same way Curt Swan was sometimes used. He could come in to do flashback stories or origin stories. Moy's art, like Swan's, harkens back to simpler times. Of course the reboot Legion doesn't exactly have the rich and varied past to draw from that the first Legion had, but I think he could still be used effectively. Imagine Violet or Karate Kid's origins finally being told with his pencils. You could really believe that they were younger in the story because of his art.
From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
From a Yahoo group dedicated to Jeff, jeffmoyart, Jeff's own words:

quote:
My Video Game Gals book will be a contained story, probably in a
prestige format or maybe hardcover. I haven't decided yet. I'm
just going to wait to look for a publisher when I get it done. Each
story after that will be self contained as well.

Jeff

--Sounds like he's keeping busy. Good! [Cool]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Aside from not liking the stories very much, I definitely wasn't into Moy's art. His figures looked very plastic in their poses, reminding me of action figures -- even their facial expressions left me cold. I don't hate it, so I could stand a storyarc but it's not something I would look forward to seeing. It's been awhile so he might have improved since then, I dunno.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I be fine with it. Moy's style never bothered me, except for all the tongues hanging out all over the place.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Queer Legion
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Queer Legion   Author's Homepage   Email Queer Legion         Edit/Delete Post     
Who was Moy's inker during his tenure?

--------------------
QL
http://ThePlanetaryChanceMachine.blogspot.com
ql@nc.rr.com

From: North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
last name of Carani-- W.C. Carani, maybe?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sure, I'd wouldn't mind having him back for a story arc. I really like Super Lad Kid's idea of having him come back to do origin stories.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't really see him with DnA-type stories, but I wouldn't avoid the book because of that. He wasn't my favorite artist for the Legion, but his work wasn't unpleasant either. Maybe an origin story, except that I'm sick to death of the origin story.

Now on a super-pets story, I could see Moy. But DnA writing the super-pets? ... it seems to be a morning for shudders.

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.