Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Umbra/Batman Crossover

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Umbra/Batman Crossover
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
No it's NOT happening - not even a rumor. Just something I was thinking I would like to see. I don't usually like cross-overs, especially of entire teams - but this one could be a great combo of powers-abilities and, especially, personalities. A bit like the Jakita Wagner/Batman encounter in the Planetary cross.

(The only letter to DC that I ever got published was my 12-year old's request for a Batman-Nero Wolfe team-up in World's Finest. They responded that it would be too hard to draw all the orchids.)

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm, could make for an intersting crossover for sure.

By the way, FC, the new avatar is Purrrrrrfect!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, you touch on what might be a DC company-wide cross-over event that I would actually buy into.

What if DC did an event month where they crossed over a Legionnaire, or major Legion character, into each and every DC book?

Which Character would be work best in each book?

Some off the cuff thoughts:
Detective Comics: Chameleon
Batman: Umbra
Birds of Prey: Shikari
Wonder Woman: Sister Andromeda
Flash: XS
Green Lantern: Rond Vidar
Green Arrow: Karate Kid
Gotham Central: Shvaughn Erin
Superman: Cosmic Boy
Advs. of Superman: Ferro
Formerly Known as Justice League: Tenzil Kem
JSA: Lady Mysa & Dragonmage
HERO: Ultra Boy
Teen Titans: Brainiac 5
Nightwing: Invisible Kid
Robin: Spark
JLA: M'Onel
Action Comics: Timber Wolf
Catwoman: Apparition
Hawkman: Sensor
Aquaman: Gear
Outsiders: Triad

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Detective Comics: Invisible Kid
Batman: Karate Kid
Birds of Prey: Triad
Wonder Woman: Ultra Boy
Flash: XS
Green Lantern: Chameleon
Green Arrow: Gates (I'm smiling at the possible political discussions)
Gotham Central: Shvaughn (great choice PL)
Superman: Cosmic Boy
Advs. of Superman: Ferro
Formerly Known as Justice League: Brainiac 5 (Brainy's the best straight-man since Bud Abbott)
JSA: Starboy
HERO: Lori Morning (as long as she's stranded in the present)
Teen Titans: Spark
Nightwing: Shikari
Robin: Saturn Girl (I think she likes'em young)
JLA: WILDFIRE!
Action Comics: M'onel
Catwoman: Umbra
Hawkman: Timberwolf
Aquaman: Sensor (she's also royalty)
Outsiders: Dev-em (rebooted as similar to pre-TMK)

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
Detective Comics: Invisible Kid

Makes sence, with his background as a spy. I went with Cham as, preboot at least, he fancied himself a Detective. With Cham visiting a gret detective of the past, I had imaginings of a Data playing Sherlock Holmes type story

quote:
Batman: Karate Kid

Which, of course, is a team-up that has been done once before.

quote:
Birds of Prey: Triad
That's a LOT of chicks in one book [Big Grin] I went with Shikari as, with wings and claws, she's the closest think in the Legion to a bird of prey.

quote:
Wonder Woman: Ultra Boy
I'm sure he'd LOVE Paradise Island [Wink] I went with Andromeda as the nearest thing in the Legion to an amazon. Plus, if she is still trying to become at peace with herself, Amazonian philosophy might help.

quote:
Green Lantern: Chameleon

You don't want to toss the fanboys a bone by putting Rond here?

quote:
Green Arrow: Gates (I'm smiling at the possible political discussions)

EXCELLENT choice! I had picked Val in order to put a couple of Zen nuts together, but I like your idea better.

quote:
Formerly Known as Justice League: Brainiac 5 (Brainy's the best straight-man since Bud Abbott)

Another match-up I like better than my original choice.

quote:
JSA: Starboy

This works. I chose Mysa for her connections to Mordru.

quote:
HERO: Lori Morning (as long as she's stranded in the present)

Yeah! Send her back where she came from!!

quote:
Robin: Saturn Girl (I think she likes'em young)

Hussey!

quote:
Hawkman: Timberwolf

I picked Sensor since birds & snakes don't get along. Plus, with her power, she could make him relive some of his past lives.

quote:
Outsiders: Dev-em (rebooted as similar to pre-TMK)
Works for me. What a major cross-over event without the introduction of a few new characters.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
Aquaman: Gear

I'm curious -- what made you put these two together?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.