Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Legion World's Rimbor Zone (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion World's Rimbor Zone
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Remember when the lost legionnaires returned to Legion World, R.J. said "Jo - wait 'til you see Rimbor", referring to the zone of LW devoted to the Rimborian environment.

Well, I'm still waiting... maybe Jo got a private tour. Wonder what's there...

Is this where Jo & Brin go to rumble?
Is this where the Legion World geishas ply their trade?
Is this where you can get homebrew Silverale?
Is this where Brainy's rejected "personal hallucinogen" mixtures wind up?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Come to think of it, they really haven't done much with the whole "environments geared to look like Legion homeworlds" bit. We've really seen little of Legion World other than the command deck.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Wonder what's there...

WAAAYYYYY back in his 1st appearance, Ultra Boy exclaims at one point, "By the three purple moons of Rimbor."

Maybe RJ was just referring to a particularly beautiful holographic image of of Rimbor's night sky. I imagine the sky is the only thing of beauty on Rimbor anyway.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You'd think there must be some undeveloped land on Rimbor. At least enough to use for the LW environment. There was preboot, I believe.

I hope DnA show us some more of these environments soon.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
... Wonder what's there...

Whores. Dirty, filthy whores...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
quote:
... Wonder what's there...

Whores. Dirty, filthy whores...
Oh, so? Saturn Girl onworld is she? [Big Grin]
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Run's one of the more popular establishments "Imra's Interplanetary House of Happiness"

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I was thinking of them recreating the world's ambience, with buildings, businesses and all - but the one zone we did see - for Earth - was like "rural Earth" - as if there would be any left by 3003 (perhaps on wealthy estates).

So the intention may have been to just recreate the topography, weather, etc. - as has been mentioned here before, rather difficult to imagine these worlds having uniform environments. How would they do three purple moons? Holographs, I suppose. They could limit the re-creation to where the Legionnaire last lived on that world. It does seem to be another idea that has fallen by the wayside, however.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Did Kid Quantum ever help Gear build Xanthu?

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
They really do need to follow up on this! Those environments have to be taking up a lot of space on Legion World, so you have to wonder what they're used for.

On a side note, did everyone notice in Legion #3 that RJ Brande took them to a red-planet environment right after Earth? [Wink] Another Martian kink in the story of who RJ really is.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Didn't notice!! Very good call!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been wondering why there are so many people on Legion World. Does anyone besides the Legionnaires live there? Is this the only place where interstellar transportation is possible, making he Grand Central Station of the Universe? Does a Bgtzl zone exist on Legion World? How about a Trom?
From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I suspect the idea is to use it like Weber's World from post-boot: A neutral territory where the UP government would meet and negotiations and business transactions could be conducted.

It makes sense to have the Legion stationed someplace like that.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Super Lad Kid, those are the great questions which remain unanswered. We certainly see quite a few non-legionnaires roaming around, but we don't know anything about them.

The Weber's World idea makes a lot of sense. By the way, was Weber anyone in particular?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

Portfolio Boy
Deputy

quote:
Originally posted by Arachne:
I suspect the idea is to use it like Weber's World from post-boot: A neutral territory where the UP government would meet and negotiations and business transactions could be conducted.

It makes sense to have the Legion stationed someplace like that.

This a great idea! It reminds me of all those Star trelk episodes that used the Enterprise shutteling diplomats as a story springboard. This would be a great way to introdice a lot of diverse characters and conflicts into the book.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.