Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
(Cold thoughts for our British and European friends)

Apart from one scene in the Ultra Boy feature story in the 5YL annual, and the "medieval" story with Rond, Glorith, Mysa and Andrew from that same run - there hasn't been any snow in Legion stories that I can recall. No wonder they rejected Polar Boy. It's a cold conspiracy.

A sad future if there's no snow. Is it all climate-controlled, or just hard to draw winter scenes?

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
It's a hell of a lot easier now with the computer, that's for sure. Maybe they can bring it back for their Christmas issue. (maybe I'm a sap, but I really like Christmas issues (or episodes in TV)).
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
what about "that" asteroid story. It was pretty cold there what with them needing to share sleeping bags in order to conserve body warmth and stuff. [Wink]

Did it actually snow there as Well

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
It also snowed on Xolnar, the home of the UP Militia Academy during the TMK era. It was during that lousy "Khund War" story.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
what about "that" asteroid story. It was pretty cold there what with them needing to share sleeping bags in order to conserve body warmth and stuff. [Wink]

Did it actually snow there as Well

I was going to mention the asteroid story... but thinking about it, I don't think there was any snow there! It was just pretty damn cold!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
I remember a Christmas story where Superboy asking the Legion to help celebrating Xmas in DC Special Holiday 19787(?) When Superboy was visiting Legion HQ, he stopped by to have a short chat with Mon-El who was carrying a rifle as he was a security guard standing outside with snow. Nice panel, by the way. Anyone have that book?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I've got it. It originally came out as part of Super-Star Holiday Special (a.k.a. "DC Special Series" #21) cover dated Spring 1980. The story was called "Star Light, Star Bright... Farthest Star I See Tonight"

It was later reprinted in:
- Best of DC Digest 11
- Christmas With The Super-Heroes 1
- A DC Universe Christmas TPB

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Kinda, sorta on-topic: During the SUPERBOY/LEGION run, I remember a fan asking in the lettercol why there never seemed to be any rain or snow in the 30th century. The editorial response was that it was always sunny when the Legion was around. (Har de HAR har.)

The editor must have reconsidered, however, because shortly after, "Soljer's Private War" (SUP # 210) was published, in which it was raining.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.