Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » G-7 Authority vs Legion

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: G-7 Authority vs Legion
Computo
Honorary

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Computo   Email Computo         Edit/Delete Post     
I am assuming this was discussed at the DCMBs but I missed it.

What did Legion fans think of the G-7 Authority's summary and somewhat brutal disposal of the Legion-analogues in the pages of The Authority?

Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
I checked it out in the store... but knowing nothing about The Authority, and being that it really wasn't "my" legion, it didn't really mean much to me.

I passed on it, and I would be hard pressed to say it belongs on the anal retentive legion appearance list. There are some that would disagree with that assessment though.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That issue (just one wasn't it?) was my first foray into the Authority. Never had picked it up before then. I believe it to be a true AR only because I seem to remember the artist saying he was deliberately parodying the Legion. But that may just be me remembering incorrectly.

Either way you had to stretch to match them to the Legion, IMO.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I found the Alt-Legion to be pretty recognisable, even for a post-booter like me. Loved this issue - especially after seeing unused art on-line that showed some really graphic 'Legionnaire' deaths. [Wink]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Computo
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Computo   Email Computo         Edit/Delete Post     
Star Boy - In posting this thread, I tried to track down the art for the edited, ultra-violent ends of some of the faux-Legionairres, which were located at www.ahigherauthority.com Regrettably the site seems to be down.
Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Take that, LeVIathan!!!

-

The rest of the shots can be found in the Authority section, in Unpublished, as www.thehigherauthority.com

[Smile]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Eww! [Mad]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.