Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » How the Legion saved Christmas (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How the Legion saved Christmas
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Just thought I'd share this heartwarming story with you for the holiday season.

I was the only grandchild on both sides of my family for 11 years, and since I didn't play cribbage, family gatherings at my aunt and uncle's house got quite boring so I spent my time in my uncle's comic book room in the basement reading his old Legion back issues (and other comics when those ran out).

One Christmas, they moved from cribbage upstairs to darts downstairs, and the noise drove me and my stack of Adventures up to the living room. I propped myself up against the back of the couch (don't remember why I didn't sit on it), and after a while, I heard a strange noise coming from behind me. I peeked over the top of the couch and saw that the candlestick on the mantle right next to the Christmas tree had caught fire (turns out dripping wax had ignited the paper towel it was sitting on).

I did the "Fire! Fire!" thing, and everyone came rushing upstairs. By that time, a spark had gotten in the tree, but they were able to put it all out. If I hadn't been upstairs reading the Legion, we ... well, we don't like to think what might have happened.

And that's how the Legion saved Christmas.

Eric

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow!

I think the Legion was secretly observing from the future and orchestrated things just right -- so that everyone could continue to read Legion comics and carry on their legend. [Cool]

I'm glad everything turned out well, Eric! [Smile]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
What an incredible coincidence/stroke of luck/blessing, etc.!

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Great tale Seymore

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Great story, Seymour!

Didn't the Legion once go on a Christmas mission and wind up finding the Christmas star or something?

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice story Seymour! I bet nobody ever complained about you reading comics after that!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Nice story Seymour! I bet nobody ever complained about you reading comics after that!

Nope! But as many as I have now, they're more likely to cause a fire, especially since there's only so much room in here with all those oil-soaked rags and portable gas heaters taking up so much space. [Smile]

Eric

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
 - for the holidays!

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump] for the holidays, 2004.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
IIRC, S. Seymour (and others) have mentioned making Legion or other superhero ornaments for Xmas - if I had the skills, I'd make a 31st century Christmas village - with space cruisers, threshold portals, aliens, Weisinger Plaza and of course an upside-down yellow spaceship.

[ December 13, 2004, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: Fat Cramer ]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Cool story SS! Oh and FC, I'm working on a Legion X-Mas ornament this year, I'll post it somewhere when I'm done!
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Holiday [Bump] 2010!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:

Nope! But as many as I have now, they're more likely to cause a fire, especially since there's only so much room in here with all those oil-soaked rags and portable gas heaters taking up so much space. [Smile]

Eric

[Gasp]

The youth today... [No] No wonder I've gone gray with worry...

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
This thread never gets old!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Great stories never do.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.