Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Official Legion "outing" (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Official Legion "outing"
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi everyone: my name is Ronda Pattison and I am the Legion colorist (since Legion #25). I’ve lurked around these boards as Mechana for quite awhile now. I’ve been reluctant to reveal my self because it seems that no one comments on color except when they think I’ve done something wrong! But I also see how nice everyone is here, and how much you enjoy interacting with the Legion creative team past and present, and I’d like to be a part of that. And honestly, I’m tired of not getting credit for my work. The credits may say Snocone (Snocone Studios, my employers), but for better or worse, it’s all ME baby! Colorists need love too!
From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
Coloring may be your occupation, but you also know how to write a thread title that will garner many, many hits. Brava!

One of our posters, Quinn, is into color commentary, and I'm sure she'll be thrilled to pieces that you're here (and a redhead, apparently).

[Color Kid] [Rainbow Girl]

[ March 26, 2004, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Leap Year Lass ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Proty II   Author's Homepage   Email Proty II         Edit/Delete Post     
My Senior Prom chose Color my World as it's theme.

Ken

--------------------
Yes, but now I'm back! I'm back FROM the future!

Vist Hyperion Ranch!
Guided tours of Chateau Crowbar now available!

http://hometown.aol.com/kidcrowbar/myhomepage/ranch.html

From: Hyperion Ranch, California | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Well I look forward to talking to anyone who's interested, though I should say up front: If it hasn't been published yet, I can't talk about it!
No spoilers!

From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Good to have you here, Ronda!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Ronda its great to finally put a name to Snocone! A while back Chip had been trying to get a hold of you and it was something trying to find anything out about Snocone. I, for one, am glad you are here and glad to know it isn't some nameless Studio doing the coloring.

We may have to get a thread started, if you don't mind, about the process. I've been trying to teach myself how and actually bought a set of Brian Haberlin's CDs on Digital Art Training. Just haven't found the time yet to get into it.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
So is colouring done totally on computer hese days? I have a romantic image of a colourist sat in a corn field with a set of watercolours and a selection of brushes. [Big Grin]

I suppose if that were the case there would be a lot more colourists in the business.

And Ronda, the colours in the last couple of issues have been delicious, a lot of details are enhanced, the moods have been set and maybe we haven't said too much as it's been done so well! And of course because we're jealous we're not sat in a corn field [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Good to get to know you, Ronda! It's nice to meet another Legion creator. And please be assured that whenever we say the art is yummy, your work is definitly being included there. [Smile]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Hello, Ronda! It's nice to put a face - or a personality at least! - to the work!

P.S. How did you choose the name Snocone?

[ March 27, 2004, 02:04 AM: Message edited by: Fat Cramer ]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Very Nice! I've been loving the colors lately. Ever since #25, as a matter of fact!

I'm adding you to Visionaries right now! That means mod privileges over there. You've been here since August and never told us?!?

Do you have a website? Can you give us a checklist of your work? This is so cool! [Smile]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by mechana:
I've been reluctant to reveal my self because it seems that no one comments on color except when they think I've done something wrong!

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
-- Batista's art is looking great! I particularly like the way he and "Sno Cone" handle Ferro.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoneWolfLondo
Reserve

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoneWolfLondo   Email LoneWolfLondo         Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome! Our very own Color Kid reveals herself!

--------------------
Scrofulus!

From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Thanks for your kind words everyone!

Some comics are still handpainted and photographed, though I'd say the majority are computer rendered. There are some colorists who don't know how to use the computer, so I guess they could be doing their color guides in a cornfield some where, though usually they use markers! Then their guides are passed on to a "seperator" who renders them up in Photoshop for print. I did seps for other people for years before I became a colorist myself.

mechana
Advisor

The name "Snocone" was the brainchild of the company owner's five year old son. Though anything with the word "snow" in it seems appropriate when you're Canadian.
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey there.

Coloring does seem to be one of those things that generally nobody notices unless something goes wrong.

You are doing a great job.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.