Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Gone And Forgotten costume designs by readers!! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Gone And Forgotten costume designs by readers!!
The Mighty Quinn M.
!!!!!!!!!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Mighty Quinn M.   Email The Mighty Quinn M.         Edit/Delete Post     
They're gone anyway!!
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I actually liked a few of them. Don't know who they guy is that had the place with them on, but he kinda came across as one of those would be superior asses that get their kicks outta cuttin' people down.

I liked the Karate Kid outfit, minus the hand on the chest, perhaps an asian symbol of some kind.

The Night Girl outfit, while a little kinky, was also kinda fun.

The Saturn Girl outfit made me think of her original and the one she wore in the Gap stories, not bad, not great, but fit her personality.

The phantom girl outfit gave us the precursor to the seventies cutout i guess, or maybe it came after the bellbottoms and ponytails.

Anyway, at lest these folk tried, i know i have no design sense, lol.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
"retarded space-camp"? "g**damn hippy"?

Sounds like this featurette may have been qhost-written by a certain thrifty Miss.

It was fun.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I can just picture all those teen-aged boys drawing new fashion outfits. Not to play into the stereotype or anything, but ....

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
Good lord. I've never really taken to Ultra Boy but I don't hate him that much.
Valor the M'Onell
Anything but a marvel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valor the M'Onell   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I liked Ultra Boy's costume up until the cape.
From: Australia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
This thread has inspired me to do some sketchin'! Stay tuned!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, I like that pic of Chloropyll Kid.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, Dean. That has a very Tom Mandrake meets sixties fashion design look to it.

Nice.

Don't know which i like better, PG or PP.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I couldn't help it, I had to make Chlor a bit "over beautified." The choker and the green hair just got me going.

Thanks for the comments!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
They look better when you draw them, dean - Saturn Girl is fantastic! And Phantom GIrl, with the swinging medallion!
From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Glad you like, FC! I had fun with this. I have to thank The Mighty Quinn M. for getting me going...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I must say that Jecky is my favorite. She looks so Paris Hilton to me...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
Mmm, the Jecks costume bothers me. It's not awful (as some of the others are) but I guess I just don't like it enough for one of my favorite Legionnaires. I remember this from its one (I think, I hope) appearance...the bottom part changed from a skirt to shorts and back.

What also bugs me is the way the sports bra fits. Since the bottom of the band doesn't come down to the bottom of the cups, it seems like either it has ridden up in the back (uncomfortable!) or kinda gives the appearance of falsies (think of those pregnancy padding suits actors/actresses wear). Now it may very well be that 1000 years from now they have incredible clothing technology, but I gotta go with what I know. Female boarders, any comment?

When I saw Saturn Girl's design I thought: Red Cross.

Dean, have you ever done/are you interested in the romance genre?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.