Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » and, then... the truth!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: and, then... the truth!
Mr. Kayak
Italian Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Kayak   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
have you already posted this? [Love]

--------------------
Ciao a tutti,
FABIO

http://www.nottolone.net/legione/

From: Milan, Italy | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm.... I'll reserve judgement for the moment. Leading off from Teen Titans? Yik. I like most of what Johns does but his Titans is complete bobbins and I hope that the same style of story isn't used by Waid. I really don't see why they feel the need to relaunch it though. From the article it doesn't sound to much like a drastic rethink in terms of the team itself. Visually maybe (but that's pretty much inevitable with any new artist) but not hugely in terms of concept.

But still... I dunno, there's something about the tone of the whole thing that makes we wary. Waid can write great comics but he's also not exactly immune to righting a great big pile of steaming shite either.

Ach well, at least we now know.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Wowsers!

Well, this is just packed with info, lots to digest. A few first thoughts:

30 pages? Woot! (My new favorite word since joining an MMPOG, City of Heroes. [Smile] )

As much as I'm enjoying the new Titans, I'm not sure how I feel about using them as a launching point. They talk like the other crossover doesn't exist (and wasn't it in Hypertime, so I suppose it might not -- I don't remember), but I can't see them really NEEDing to use this as a plot point. But if it gets us a new bunch of fans, I suppose I can be cool with it. Depends on the story.

And for all the fizzling out of DnA's run, they did bring a lot of great things into continuity, so the whole reboot thing is a bit scary. Plus how are we all going to refer to things now? Pre-Zero Hour will now have to become the prebootboot?

"That said, the three founders have been, are, and will be playing a role. “They’re vastly important,” Waid said of Saturn Girl, Lighting Lad, and Cosmic Boy. “Indescribably important. But that doesn’t mean you’ll be seeing them. After that, we’re still pinning down the membership, so even we’re not 100% certain. Okay, okay--Brainiac 5.” "

Hmm, I hate to be slavish to LSH history, but they're THE GUYS. I hope we get to see them in a decent time frame.

"But every story, every single story - whether it’s the “A” plot, the “B” subplot, or the “C” sub-subplot--must always be about one or more Legionnaires and how what’s happening for the next 30 or 60 or 90 pages is affecting them."

Encouraging words.

And now I have to get ready for work. I look forward to seeing everyone else's comments today.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
FINALLY!

So the facts are revealed at last and the rumours have all been true - Mark Waid and Barry Kitson are re-re-booting the Legion!

I... don't know what to think about this. I must admit I'm quite surprised - I really didn't think they'd restart the Legion AGAIN and so soon (relatively) after the last re-boot too!

This is a very risky move by DC IMO. Didn't the first re-launch do enough to alienate long-time Legion readers? Are they now trying to piss off the re-boot fans too?

As for myself, I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I LOVED the re-boot Legion. Sure there were some bad periods (PMS and practically all of DnA since issue #2 of the current series) but nothing about this universe was broken beyond repair and any good writer could have picked up the ball and carried the team to new heights. But on the other hand I do really love Kitson and Waid's work (for the most part) and some of the ideas they're cooking up sound really interesting!

I'll definitely give the first few issues a look to see what they've got planned.

... and I'm trying not too let myself get too excited about it because I'm sure fate still has a cruel blow in store for me, but one thing the re-re-boot might hopefully give us is... THE RETURN OF GIM ALLON!!! WOO-HOO!!! (*dancing in giddy glee*)

In fact, someone should probably start a thread of the things they want to see in the re-re-boot. I'll get the ball rolling :

* GIM ALLON ALIVE!
* SHRINKING VIOLET WITHOUT THE GROWTH POWER!
* SENSOR AS THE HUMAN PRINCESS PROJECTRA!
* NO LEGION DEATHS!
* NO SUPERBOY!
... etc.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know what to make of this yet... I guess I'll approach with reserved excitement. About the only plot danglers I'd like to see covered is the Sharn Nux disappearance and maybe Cub.

Don't know what to make of the crossover with The Titans... given that I have the full run of Young Justice and enjoyed that very much, you'd think I'd be a little more interested than I feel at the moment. Give me time... I'll come around. I'm easy.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.