Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » RETRO REVIEW: Adventure # 368 (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: RETRO REVIEW: Adventure # 368
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
These are 2 of my favorite stories from the Adventure era, even though it's hard to overlook some of the plot silliness.

Why did Supergirl go to all the subterfuge of making a charm-bomb for Thora's bracelet after she discovered her to be the villain? And then she just waits for her to use the bracelet again to set it off, while her male comrades are getting pummelled? Why didn't she just yank the bracelet off her and smash it and fly Thora off to the clink?

And in #357 the whole Legion disbands because 4 members quit? Why would they all just lie down and die like that? What happened to the old never-say-die team spirit?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
P.S. That ray chisel sure would've come in handy when I was making my figurines. I wonder if it only makes girls though? [Smile]

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Lash, just read it. I think I misunderstood. You probably wanted me to comment on #368 (not the latest Adv. I had read).

Well it was cute. Nice to see the chicks get a power increase. [Smile] Heck, Thora needs to show up and whip the WaK Legion girls into shape.

I actually liked Thora. I liked her visuals. Wouldn't mind seeing her again.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Levitz mentions the "Taltar Matriarchy" during the Earthwar saga so apparently the planetary revolution at the end didn't stick...

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Y'know, I was perusing some old threads for giggles, as I am wont to do on days I don't go to work due to inclement weather.

I reread this thread and it struck me that Thora's suicide must certainly have been a shocking thing to be in a DC comic book of the 60s.

In fact, the 60s LSH has a pretty good amount of suicidal-ey stuff... there's that LSH Suicide Squad business in the early run, Ferro Lad's suicidal self-sacrifice, Thora...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I demand that I do more retro reviews!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:
I demand that I do more retro reviews!!

Seconded!

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.