Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The LSV War (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The LSV War
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Thom appears with Dreamy and Violet in the scene with Silver Slasher and does not show again til after the villains and heroes fight and the villains are 'ported away until like halfway into the issue after that in the big crowd scene. He doesn't get to fight a single villain. Dreamy and Violet got to. [Frown]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The LSV War is notable in that three-fifths of it was pencilled by Steve Lightle over Keith Giffen's layouts. I know it wasn't to everyone's taste, but I personally loved it. I thought they cancelled out each other's flaws.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Honestly when I first read the LSV war I did not at first realize Giffen was no longer actually doing the artwork in issue 3. I think I realized it after the fact, after the whole story was done.

I think a heaping portion of praise for that transition can be given to the inker as well.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Larry Mahlstedt. Very talented inker. On the first 50 issues of Marvel's New Warriors, Mahlstedt immesurably helped Mark Bagley and Darick Robertson when they were still raw talents.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Sadly, for me the LSV War will always be a prelude to one of the saddest and worst comic-reading moments in my blissful youth. And that is ...
THE DEATH OF KARATE KID! [Mad]
...whom I adored back then as a wide-eyed youngster. Uh, in case you can't tell from my choice of avartar.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klar Ken T5477
The Future Superman of 2965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klar Ken T5477   Email Klar Ken T5477         Edit/Delete Post     
"All right. All right. In the heart. In the head. I won't stay dead. Next time I'll do the same to you."
– Captain Kirk, "Day of the Dove"

"But what if I kill you?"
"Trust me, it won't help"
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More With Feeling"

...just can't take Death seriously anymore, outside of First Life.

--------------------
"So different from the Original Superman of Krypton!"

Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.