Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Favorite Legionnaire Moments (Triplicate Girl, anyone?) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Favorite Legionnaire Moments (Triplicate Girl, anyone?)
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Saturn Girl enters her mind during the Universo Project and sees that she's 'twisted her prison into a precious gem' and thinks, 'what an ego!'
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
It always make me laugh when I read her complaints about breaking nails in the Levitz run - I totally empathise!

Levitz wrote her as a strong willed, tough, funny, enthusiastic and resourceful member - out thinking Hagga to free Mon-El and Ultra Boy, defeating Omen with the flick of a button (bad story but she played a blinder!), flirting with Bouncing Boy and Element Lad in front of their other halves (two thirds in BBs case?), helping Brainy in his lab, the list goes on. I didn't really like the DnA version but really appreciated the WaK interpretation - even her death was wonderful (if sad).

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Lots of great Nura moments have been brought up. Since posting has died down, I thought it'd be time to discuss our favorite moments of another Legionnaire ... Mon-El.

[Mon-El] [M Onel - Post-Boot]

Whether you call him Mon-El, Valor, M'Onel, or just plain Lar, he's never been one of my favorite Legionnaires. But plenty of people seem to like him and I'd love to know some of those moments that have shaped that love.

Despite my indifference, one of my favorite moments with Mon-el was his 'rebirth' in TMK (and indeed, a lot of his moments in that run) and fighting off the Time Trapper. I also loved his reunion with Jo, the two of them sparring.

I can't remember if I'm in the minority or not, but I loved his postboot M'Onel outfit. And a moment I loved with him in said suit is during the Legion's match against the Uncanny Amazers. The Prefects don't realize that M'Onel is doing them a favor by sitting out of the competition until, after their taunts, he lifts the entire ring above his head. That sure shut them up.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Two moments stand out for me.

1. Superboy dying in his arms. (It's been years. I'm going to feel awful if I'm not remembering that scene correctly.) [Big Grin]

2. The Adult Legion Story where we find out that Mon-El has basically gone off on his own to explore the universe. Somehow that scene just fit him.

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Future:
So flexing my power of super memory loss, I was thinking to myself the past few days: you know what would be a cool idea for a thread with all these recent, positive discussions about different moments in Legion history? A thread highlighting moments for specific characters.

I apparently beat myself to it by four years.

My memory loss is astounding (and a result of time travel). Another three years and I had the same thought once again! The search engine is my savior.

I've been melancholy for just plain old Legion story discussions of yesteryear. Let's revive it a little! Anyone have any favorite moments or feelings they'd like to share about....

[Triplicate Girl] [Triad] [Triplicate Girl - Re-Imagined]

I love Luornu Durgo. I love all Luornu Durgos! She was cute as a button and garnered my sympathy in the preboot, she became dynamic with her multiple personalities, and I was floored by her reimagined origin in the Threeboot. Even the new power boost to become Duplicate Girl is stellar in my book, giving Lu that extra muscle she always deserved.

It's hard for me to pick a favorite Lu because I love so many aspects of all of them. While I love SW6 and Postboot Lu, as they were able to fend for themselves with their savvy and trijitsu, there's something significant and endearing about that legendary Preboot crush on Superboy and the tragedy at the hands of Computo. I'm really enjoying the taskmaster she's become in the Retroboot, becoming overprotective so no Academy student should be unprepared and meet a similar fate like she did.

Some favorite Lu stories and scenes for me would have to be, of course, the original Mordru storyline with Lu and Superboy as well as her Threeboot Triple Date.

How about the rest of you?

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
There was something about the story where her she's just one, she thinks, and Brainy has give her his belt so she's protected.
He's running tests, in typical oblivious to others fashion, and energy is pulsing all around her.

I'd be glorying in the experience and I know some of the other Legionnaires would be, too. But Lu hates and fears the power around her.
sigh
Even though I wanted her, as a woman and a warrior, to embrace the power and safety, and was disappointed in her for not, she was very real at that moment.

Lu's Smallville moment was like that, in the tunnel and then, crying herself to sleep.
There's just always been something about her that was sad but endearing.

I liked her best in the reboot and least in threeboot.

[ September 14, 2011, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Lots of good moments have been brought up already.

I'll add another for Dream Girl - there was a Levitz v3 era where the Legionnaires were stopping some sort of stampede. They were left with Brainy's forcefield, and all of them were stumped at how to use it... except for Nura. She goes, "All these years in combat and NONE of you thought to observe how Brainy uses his field?" and promptly flies off with the belt, alone.

For Mon-el, him beating the Time Trapper into non-existence in the Glorithverse. Postboot, him welcoming (and saving) the Lost Legionnaires as they return from the Second Galaxy... with tears in his eyes. awww.

For Luornu, I like how she's being used currently in the Legion Academy. Postboot Luornu had plenty of good character moments, but she never truly wowed me in battle until she beat up a weakened Ra's al Ghul under DNA. It's funny, but looking back she never really did have any great battles before that, nor did she contribute that much with her powers alone! She was useful mainly for her admin skills and cleverness - something that the normal Carggite can't triplicate.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Looking back on the old stories, I think Luornu has a lot of fans simply because she's one of the most human and one of the easiest to relate.

She didn't always make a big difference in battle, but she helped out as well as she could. And she dealt with her multiple personalities and adjusted quite well. And yes, the Smallville scene with her crying herself to sleep... priceless.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll give my nod to LSH # 42 (5YL), the Bierbaums' love-letter to Lu.

Not only is her second body restored but she is given inherent force-field powers to protect her.

The reboot version Triad had years of importance to the LSH that should also be noted.

I'm rather especially fond of her smackdown on Ra's Al Ghul (after he was a bit softened up by Lar).

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
That was an awesome Tri Jitsu scene! She comes off as a pro. I love how they gave that scene to Lu. As if she's just as formidable as Lar.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I love the panel where she takes down Nemesis Kid!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.