Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Would you like a Darwyn Cooke SA Legion book? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Would you like a Darwyn Cooke SA Legion book?
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, it's Bruce Timm, not Darwyn Cooke. But I was right about it being cute as all-get-out:

-

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Cooke's going to be a bit busy for a while, as DC have assigned him The Spirit. (Yes, the Will Eisner character.)

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
Cooke's going to be a bit busy for a while, as DC have assigned him The Spirit. (Yes, the Will Eisner character.)

Really! That's cool! I didn't know that DC could do new stories of the Spirit! Wow!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I am really jazzed about Cooke doing the Spirit. I've never read the Eisner stuff before either but with the Cooke series coming they're releasing a "Best of" The Spirit TPB.

Did any of you guys get Cooke's Solo issue? I thought it was the best comic I bought this year.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I have that Solo issue, and I agree it's great.

Cooke picked up the Best Limited Series Eisner for his New Frontier, and it was totally deserved. He and Jeph Loeb will be doing a Batman/Spirit mini to kick things off before the new Spirit book emerges. For me, this was the biggest surprise to come out of the DC panel at San Diego.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Totally missed the Solo issue, and will have to pick that up. Can't wait for his Spirit either!

Teeds, that Bruce Timm drawn Crystal is as cute as it gets!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I picked up Cooke's "Solo" issue because I'm a big fan of the Question. It was a great read though more for the other stories - I wasn't so hot on his interpretation of the character.

Cooke also did part of the "Green Lantern: Secret Files" which was great. He even does a segment in a pseudo-Gil Kane style which was superb.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Cooke has been one of my faves since he worked on Catwoman. His Selina was sexy in a very realistic way (no eggplants here, just a very proportionate and realistically depicted bosom). I love his somewhat cartoonish, yet wonderfully expressive style. DC New Frontier was like a sloppy wet kiss to DC's Silver Age. Not only was his art style perfect for that period, but his writing really captured the characters. His Solo book was the best of the series so far (though Chaykin's is a close second). At this point, Cooke is on my "I'll buy anything he does" list, a distinction he currently shares with Grant Morrison and no one else.

So, would I like to see his take on the SA LSH? Hell yeah! But then, he could do a book starring Ultraa the Multi-alien and I'd buy it!

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Cooke as the writer or the artist? As the writer, sure I'd give it a try. Artist? Sorry, that would get a pass from me. I really don't get all the love for New Frontier. Picked up book #1 and didn't bother with the rest. Another title where the art was too distracting to get into the story. Just not my thing.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
i would love either a darwyn cooke or bruce timm silver age valentine. just think...Night Girl!!!
maybe an "All-Star Legion" book!!!??? i would buy it.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Night Girl, awww yeah!

-

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

-
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.