Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Calling the Roll of LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #1 (spoilers) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Calling the Roll of LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #1 (spoilers)
Johnny B Loves Zoe
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Johnny B Loves Zoe   Author's Homepage   Email Johnny B Loves Zoe         Edit/Delete Post     
My comics shop sold out of #1 two weeks ago, so I'm only just now getting to read it! And the first thing I knew I had to do was come over here and read Todd's "Calling The Roll".

I liked what I read, for the most part- It's great to have Sun Boy back, although I liked him as Inferno as well, Infernal mullet and everything. He should be a redhead, no doubt about it. Maybe they have advaned hair coloring in the 30th century and he just went blonde for a while! I absolutely LOVE Light Lass's new costume- very nice. I liked the interrelations between the characters -always a must for me to enjoy any incarnation of the LSH- especially the apparent tension between SB and Cos. Wonder where Lightning Lad was?

Things I didn't like so much- Kitson's art. He's very capable and competent, but killer Light Lass costume aside, his work looks stiff and posed and very early 80's. Not my favorite style, but I know I'm in the minority around here. And I've been saying this since 1996- I still hate the "Lad", "Lass", "Boy" and "Kid" nicknames. They just sound silly. Still, at least Waid came up with a good explanation that I suppose I'll buy. I also fail to understand why the United Planets backs the LSH to the extent they seem to - what are they getting in return? And why do they seem to oppose the Science Police?

And worst of all, no Zoe. And no hope to ever get her back, either. [Frown]

Anyway, I'm interested, so it looks like I'm back in the saddle again with the Legion. Hopefully I'll hang around a while...

--------------------
if you've nothing better to do, visit The Johnny Bacardi Show!

She had Seven Seconds to save the world! Visit The Trinity Building, the Unofficial Thriller Web Site!

From: Fhlosten Paradise | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny B Loves Zoe
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Johnny B Loves Zoe   Author's Homepage   Email Johnny B Loves Zoe         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny B Loves Zoe:
My comics shop sold out of #1 two weeks ago, so I'm only just now getting to read it! And the first thing I knew I had to do was come over here and read Todd's "Calling The Roll". Great job as always, Todd, and my belated condolences.

As far as the book itself and my reaction, I liked what I read, for the most part- It's great to have Sun Boy back, although I liked him as Inferno as well, Infernal mullet and everything. He should be a redhead, no doubt about it. Maybe they have advaned hair coloring in the 30th century and he just went blonde for a while! I absolutely LOVE Light Lass's new costume- very nice. I liked the interrelations between the characters -always a must for me to enjoy any incarnation of the LSH- especially the apparent tension between SB and Cos. Wonder where Lightning Lad was?

Things I didn't like so much- Kitson's art. He's very capable and competent, but killer Light Lass costume aside, his work looks stiff and posed and very early 80's. Not my favorite style, but I know I'm in the minority around here. And I've been saying this since 1996- I still hate the "Lad", "Lass", "Boy" and "Kid" nicknames. They just sound silly. Still, at least Waid came up with a good explanation that I suppose I'll buy. I also fail to understand why the United Planets backs the LSH to the extent they seem to - what are they getting in return? And why do they seem to oppose the Science Police?

Anyway, I'm interested, so it looks like I'm back in the saddle again with the Legion. Hopefully I'll hang around a while...

--------------------

She had Seven Seconds to save the world! Visit The Trinity Building, the Unofficial Thriller Web Site!

From: Fhlosten Paradise | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny B Loves Zoe
Applicant

oops, sorry- thought I was editing my post... [Embarrassed]

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I wouldn't say there's no hope of seeing Zoe. I think by the second year of this comic we'll begin to see a lot of old favourites return in one way or another. I hope so anyway.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:

... a Roman soldier - Jo (the brute!)

Nah, Jo's a Goth if I've ever seen one. I'd pick Micro Lad... a more orderly brawler, maybe.

quote:

... Robin Hood - Dirk (the scoundrel!)

He does seem concerned for the regular folk... but I don't know if he has that larcenous streak. Course, we don't know who *might* yet. So I'll pick Dirk, too.

quote:

... Joan of Arc - Shady (esp DnA version who heard voices)

Great! I'll pick Dream Girl and her visions.

quote:

... Jesse Owens - Star Boy (by breaking a race barrier in this new Legion), or XS (running, duh)

Hmmm. Assuming there's anti-Durlan feelings in this boot, I'll choose Cham. Or maybe Cosmic Boy, if his status as former galaxy-class athlete stands.

quote:

... Sgt. Rock? - Cosmic Boy (the good soldier)

This is where I'd place Ultra Boy.

quote:

... JLA member - WILDFIRE (flash and pizzaz!)

Shadow Lass, for the heroic ancestor in the 21st century connection (who knows-- Lyrissa Mallor could yet join the JLA one of these days!)

quote:
I just figured he'd been replaced by Proty...

Or merged with Lightning Lad--
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by candlelight:
I'm glad that you're back, Todd.
I'll pray for you and your mom ~ I lost my parents a little over ten years ago and I still miss them.
sigh

Hi, candlelight! I've missed your 'glow'! We need to think of a nickname for 'candlelight'... hmmm.

I appreciate your prayers and thoughts.

quote:

About the Legionnaires ~
I loved your comments, as always, and I hope Jo's dog DOES become a Superpet!
[Smile]

Me, too!

quote:

Sun Boy ~ I really like his look abd presentation. He's perfect in costume and attitude, IMO, and since his eyes were black, I still hold out a hope for him being a fire elemental.

He seems more heat and light powered, but who yet knows?

quote:

Micro Lad ~ LOL! And what a 'jock' attitude. It's the first time I have ever liked Gim.

LOL! I thought he was more like a boy scout! Maybe he's working on his Lilliputian merit badge...

quote:

As for the lack of carry over from Lallor, I hope the missing grief/emotion isn't going to be a hallmark of the reboot. Waid just has to include those types of connections if the stories are going to have any true 'greatness'.
Again, in my opinion.

Agree totally. I'm pretty sure the creators'll be going for the 'big notes'... hopefully the kind that'll take a few issues to develop the resonance.

Don't be a stranger, Shady/Candlelight!

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Arachne:
It just occured to me, Micro Lad was a villain in the preboot. Could this be foreshadowing?

Maybe he'll have to fight a duel with an Imskian for the name... like Ion and Micron early in the reboot that was.

[ January 14, 2005, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Mystery Lad ]

Mystery Lad
Advisor

quote:
My comics shop sold out of #1 two weeks ago, so I'm only just now getting to read it! And the first thing I knew I had to do was come over here and read Todd's "Calling The Roll".

Wow! Thanks.

quote:

I liked what I read, for the most part- It's great to have Sun Boy back, although I liked him as Inferno as well, Infernal mullet and everything. He should be a redhead, no doubt about it. Maybe they have advaned hair coloring in the 30th century and he just went blonde for a while! I absolutely LOVE Light Lass's new costume- very nice. I liked the interrelations between the characters -always a must for me to enjoy any incarnation of the LSH- especially the apparent tension between SB and Cos. Wonder where Lightning Lad was?

Yay! Another fan of the redhead! Light Lass does look great, I agree. I hope the tension between Sun Boy and Cos is philosophical and not personal... thought they might confuse the two. Where *was* Garth? Wasn't he in one of the backgrounds in the HQ?

quote:

I like Kitson's art. As for the names, I'd prefer to have a mixture of the Boys/Girls with Wildfires and Bloks. I *do* like the idea behind the naming in this boot, though. At least so far.

quote:

Oh, I think she'll turn up eventually. Maybe not in a central role, for awhile.

quote:

I hope so.
Mystery Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
I wouldn't say there's no hope of seeing Zoe. I think by the second year of this comic we'll begin to see a lot of old favourites return in one way or another. I hope so anyway.

Some sooner, I'd guess.
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Things I didn't like so much- Kitson's art. He's very capable and competent, but killer Light Lass costume aside, his work looks stiff and posed and very early 80's. Not my favorite style, but I know I'm in the minority around here.

It's funny because for me it is the reverse. The saving grace of the reboot/relaunch is Kitson's art, as I haven't been wowed so far by Waid's concept (the Legion of Super Anarchists?!?). I'll be along for the ride, at least for Kitson's art

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pariscub:
[QB...I haven't been wowed so far by Waid's concept (the Legion of Super Anarchists?!?). [/QB]

Would anarchists have a HQ and a leader? Several people have stated that they're turned off by the Legion's motivation or raison d'etre, but we don't really know the full story yet. I have faith that this team is more than a bunch of rabble-rousers.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digiac 5
3booted

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digiac 5   Author's Homepage   Email Digiac 5         Edit/Delete Post     
I think he means the Legion of Super-Anachronisms. [Smile]

(the SCA has the same problem [Smile] )

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Read it...liked it.

Pretty much better than the entire last reboot so far.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DOX-Line-5
STILL have a secret crush on Brainiac-5 Shhhh....I'm Superwoman ...back.from an IMPORTANT mission.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DOX-Line-5   Email DOX-Line-5         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Mystery Lad! I'm new to the team but regarding your father you have my condolences......
From: New York-one tough city ! | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.