Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Other People COSMIC BOY slapped, off-panel (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Other People COSMIC BOY slapped, off-panel
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Ah yes, BST! That explains much!

So, instead of hurting Ayla and Lydda with his physical and mental abuse, he was helping them!

I'd like to see the return of BST in WaK's Legion! Which re-imagnined Legionnaire should Cos slap first?

I'm a traditionalist at heart, so I say Light Lass. Cos to Ayla: "Quit sleeping around, you hussy!" **SLAP!!** "There now... don't you feel better?"

As for the mental abuse, it might be fun to see him torment newbie Invisible Kid!

Slapping someone unexpected like Shadow Lass or Element Lad would be more "indie rock," I think.

I would like to see Invisible Kid return to punching out unruly teammates again as well.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, that was Earthian Insuborniation Therapy in action!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Cos and Lyle, two of the Legion's greatest leaders, must never be questioned!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

AT LAST!!! THE TRUTH CAN FINALLY BE TOLD!!!!

Last night, I was perusing my LSH archives, as I am wont to do before bedtime!

And I found the GENESIS for Cosmic Boy's fascination with slapping.

Seems like ol' Rokky got slapped around like a little girly be-yotch himself back in the Silver Age!

The proof is out there:

ADVENTURE COMICS # 353, page 21, panel 2!

Or, check out that tale in LSH ARCHIVES # 6, same story/page/panel!

This explains SOOOOO very much! Poppin' parakats-- someone post that panel!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

You're right! Cos was humiliated and obviously never got over it. It's probably what eventually drove him mad in Legion on the Run.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. You guys are good. Nice work.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
A vicious cycle... the slappee becomes the slapper...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

matlock
Advisory

Bah! Obviously Tharok's computer brain was up on the latest medical developments, including Braalian Slap Therapy. Maybe he saw some villainous potential in Cos and was trying to mentor him a little, while also providing him with a touching reminder of home.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
That formal dinner with Mordru? A slap between every panel!

"I realize you're in a difficult position, sir..."

*WHAP*

"...I just don't care! Pass the damn space-potatoes!"

From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Now that you mention it, I assume wishy-washy Mysa was in for a pretty hefty dose of B.S.T. after they had that little intervention.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Jumpin' Catfish!

So Tharok is the reason Rokk became the Time Trapper?

Tharok is the reason that Rokk slapped Ayla, thus making her a lesbian, thus making her make Pol kil himelf? (Thus Cos is hurt twice-fold!)

Tharok may truly be the deadliest mind the Legion ever fought! Great job, Lash!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Things like this are what really make me love this board. Seriously.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Same here!

Thorough research, creative fun minds and lots of drug-induced posting reveal more about LSH history everyday!

matlock
Advisory

Sadly, these ideas come to me without any pharmaceutical aid.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Well, I have been on an antibiotic!

Thanks for posting the panel, Cramey.

Really, I was relieved to discover it. Now that I realize Rokk was a victim, too... the healing process between he and I can begin!

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.