Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Calling the Roll of Dream Crime Part Four (spoilers) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Calling the Roll of Dream Crime Part Four (spoilers)
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
It seems to me that Ferro would not be susceptible to Spark's power. Like a lightning rod, the electricity would be attracted to him, but it wouldn't do him any physical harm.

This was illustrated by Ayla's and Andy's [preboot] twins in Adv. 354, when Lightning Man used his power against the disguised Ferro Man (Douglas Nolan). Lightning Man noted that even though his bolts seemed to be attracted to the intruder, they had no effect on him.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rurouni KJS
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rurouni KJS   Email Rurouni KJS         Edit/Delete Post     
yeah, that didn't ring true to me, either. Maybe it's only really uncomfortable for him. Or that he needs to be grounded.

--------------------
-- Still here to help.

From: ATL, fool!!! WHAT!!! | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Haven't read the issue yet so I'm not totally sure how things went down, but I would think that while Ferro would definitely attract the lightning (as stated before), it wouldn't hurt him. Although, in the Fatal Five story at the end of the Peyer/McCraw days, I remember Ferro in his iron form shielding Violet from Validus' mental lightning and crying out in pain when he was struck. I don't know if it was just the force of the blow or that he could actually feel and be hurt by the lightning. Anyone remember any other details about the scene where Andy was struck by Validus?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't remember that scene, but Validus's mental lightning may have a different effect than Garth/Ayla/Mekt's regular old run-of-the-mill lightning.

Also, at one time Validus was alleged to be the most powerful being in the universe, so a mere teenager made of iron wouldn't stand much of a chance against someone of that power level.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Well if we're not suspending belief, then yeh lighnting would hurt him. Each metal has it's unique resistance to electricity, generating heat. As well each metal has it's affinity for magnetism.

I suppose "bio-metal" is neither the perfect conductor of electricity, a reasonable conductor of whatever type energy Wildfire puts out this boot, and has some affinity for magnetism.

Me, I just thought the pictures of him getting zapped looked cool.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.