Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » the all-ELZA PERKINS thread! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: the all-ELZA PERKINS thread!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
How ironic that a blabberpuss would provide a clue to Tarik the Mute's evil plan!

[LOL]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
quote:
How ironic that a blabberpuss would provide a clue to Tarik the Mute's evil plan!

It's like, she took her 2 lines from the script and just RAN with 'em to stretch her role out... and Jim Shooter never yelled, "CUT!!"
In further irony, when the story was reprinted for "Murder in Glass" (BEST OF DC DIGEST #24) some of her lines in the scene were actually cut!

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
She should get a graemlin!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
She was a good conversationalist too! You see how easily she talks to two young men she never met before!

-

quote:
Were short capes de riguer for daytime wear back then? And is that a guest appearance by Cham as potted plant? Or is Chlorophyll Kid maybe off-panel?

FC spotted a classic Cham 'secret appearance'!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
quote:
Were short capes de riguer for daytime wear back then? And is that a guest appearance by Cham as potted plant? Or is Chlorophyll Kid maybe off-panel?

FC spotted a classic Cham 'secret appearance'!
Each joke that I can think up right now is more tasteless than the last...

[No]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
The Legion needs to hire Elza Perkins for their security, stat.
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The Green Lanterns have dibs on her!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
quote:

[LOL]
I just noticed how funny this was!

[ROTFLMAO]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
The Green Lanterns have dibs on her!

Elza Perkins: GL, would be SO much more awesome than snatching a Legionnaire to serve as GL.

Also, she could go back in time and hang with Kilowog. That would be so cool!

[ December 12, 2010, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
She could at least comfort Sodam Yat, if Myron Marks isn't available.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Elza was also to have a major role in my and EDE's sadly-abandoned MATTER-EATER LAD: THE SERIES Volume 2, as page 4 from issue 1's script clearly shows:

PAGE 4

Panel 1

Caption: Tenzil wraps up his epic tale...

Tenzil: ...well, let's just say, it was the perfect ending to a heavy case, *chuckle*!

woman at table: Excuse me, Mr. Eater-Lad? Hi. I'm Elza Perkins, and may I say it is very nice to meet such a big hero!

Tenzil: Why, thank y--

Panel 2

Elza: Bismoll has been pretty dull since you left.

Tenzil: Oh, I doubt--

Panel 3

Elza: Now one thing I'm not is a busybody, Mr. Eater-Lad.

Tenzil: That's MATTER-eate--

Panel 4

Elza: I'm not a busybody and I don't run my mouth. I don't gossip, Mr. Eater-Lad. You believe me, don't you?

Tenzil: I gue--

Panel 5

Elza: But I can't help but wonder, why aren't you with the Legionnaires now, Mr. Eater-Lad? Did they kick you out? Were you caught in a sex-flap? Oh dear, I hope it wasn't a sex-flap... sex-flaps are so unsavory!

Tenzil: I can assure you there was no sex-fl--

Panel 6

Elza: Well? Everyone's waiting!! Tell us about the sex-flap!

Panel 7

*Tenzil puts his hand over Elza's mouth*

Tenzil: Sentients, I can assure you everything's fine. I just came off a rather long undercover mission, and needed some downtime--

EXPLOSION SOUND EFFECT

Panel 8

Tenzil: What in SPACE--!:?!?

Elza: Your hand smells funny!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
She must have some super-breath-holding power to be able to say so much without pausing!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.