Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Leeta 87's rogues gallery (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Leeta 87's rogues gallery
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Shadow Kid, that's one of the my all-time favorite stories, because it's such an allegory to early 20th century politics. Right up to the point where Leeta declares that the Red Embryo should have been aborted long ago.

The Sinister Seaman were pretty good, but it was Super-Harpoon that really shined. When Leeta's adventures went through that 'grim n' gritty era' later on, the six-parter with Super-Harpoon in the sewers ('Super-Harpoon's Last Skewering") was actually a shining moment for that era, right up to the point where he harpooned himself on Leeta's front porch!

And Dancing Chicken Man was another fave of mine, if not for his one-liners! "I've flown the coop!", "too many roosters in this hen house" and "what's a matter, Leeta, chicken?" were just some of those classics.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
[LOL] I love these types of threads!
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
The sociopathic kleptomaniac Pick-Up-Sticks was the cause of many structural failures until Leeta put him behind bars.

I bet Leeta didn't die from slipping on a banyo fruit peel - she probably collapsed from exhaustion, fighting this endless roster of rogues!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought when they rebooted the series after Crisis as Leeta '87, it was fantastic! It started to go downhill during Leeta '88 and Leeta '89, however.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Kid
Talokian Super-Hunk

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Kid   Email Shadow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I always cringed a little whenever Leeta's short-lived blax-ploitation sidekick Black Leeta made an appearance. His horribly stereotypical black dialogue was almost painful at times: "Can you space-dig it?", "You ain't fly yo hero-slapping honky!"

Though who didn't shed at tear at Black Leeta's shocking fruit related death at the hands of the nefarious Your-Momma? And who would have guessed that it would foreshadow Leeta's own ultimate demise?

Black Leeta's disco dance-off with Dancing-Chicken Man is my favourite Leeta 87 moment ever!

[ March 29, 2005, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Shadow Kid ]

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I have to admit to being one of the readers who believed Pink Pirate was gay. I mean, the crew full of have naked 'brothers at arms' thing really raised some eyebrows.

I also think Leeta '92 had one last go round of good stories before the series really tanked. I mean, I know the crossover with Lobo was a little weird, but still...

quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
[LOL] I love these types of threads!

Me too!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I dropped the series when Garth Ennis took over.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Leeta in Texas was...disturbing to say the least. Cannibalistic inbred killer zombies are fun, but it never really worked well in the Leeta-verse. And the less said about Two-Penised Pete, the better, I say...
Kid Psychout
Your mind is my playground

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Psychout   Email Kid Psychout         Edit/Delete Post     
though you have to remember that was the story that eerily prefigured her tragic demise.

Remember that scene when she tried to tackle the two-todgered terror with the 'banyo-flavoured-double-space-sheath' skin?

come to think of it, she only escaped death that time because she was wearing space-heels and spiked it.

From: Melbourne, Auz. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Kid
Talokian Super-Hunk

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Kid   Email Shadow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Did anyone see the Leeta 87 movie? I still can't believe they went with Toe-Jam-Jessie as the film's villain! Everyone knows that Leeta's arch nemesis is L'Vou'tono, the $2000-credit Handbag that Walked Like a Man!

Bah! I liked the campy TV show better anyway!

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The campy TV show, starring Tori Spelling, was a lot of fun!

Who knew Hugh Jackman, who played her love interest the Science Police Officer, would grow up to be such a hollywood star!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
It was pretty kewl back in the day, when Leeta 87 and Fly Sister Leeta battled each OTHER!

Of course, their minds were controlled by the Hate-Gonger, who used his mesmerizing super-gongs to turn them against each other! Still, it was pretty cute seeing Fly Sister Leeta call Leeta 87 "mother-hugger"! Sweet Klordny!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I remember picking up a copy of Leeta #127 from a local store in Utah, and the words "mother-hugger" had been changed by the comics code. I guess that was a pretty scandalous issue, but you know it was in the 70's!

Then there was the rumors of a DC/Marvel Leeta/Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers) crossover in the 70's that never came to fruition. That could have been cool!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I always felt like the rest of the Leeta Family could have been used more!

Mary Leeta 87, Leeta 87 Jr., Uncle Leeta & Nawby Nibbly (the cuddly humanoid rabbit guy) really got the short end of the stick.

Especially when they were murdered by the Leeta-Slayer during the gawdawful grim-n-gritty 90s.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Kid
Talokian Super-Hunk

I really didn't like DC's decision to turn Leeta into the spectre.

I mean, the girl used to be used in the same sentence as Barry Allen and Bucky!

It sure was great seeing her get her comeuppance against the living banyo fruit though, especially when Irony Man made a surprise appearance, pointing out the irony of a living banyo fruit being defeated by a dead hero!

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.