Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » CALLING THE ROLL of LSH #7-- spoilers (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: CALLING THE ROLL of LSH #7-- spoilers
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Traditionally, Cham's antennae scanned any object he encountered and allowed him to replicate its form. His ability to duplicate imaginary forms, as well as to perform other feats of shape changing such as moving his internal organs around, was a learned ability, acquired over time.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:

Yeah, I'm not sure I get the cover thing, if it's supposed to have some significance. And the title, "Follow the Leader" - blind obedience to Cos? Or follow which leader?

Like everyone I thought the dueling covers on 1 and 7 were a hint as to the factions. As of issue 7, so much for that theory.

NEW THEORY: legionnaires behind the candidates are the members that B5 and Cos are unsure of respectively.

My reasoning (Using Cos Cover):
Cos is now sure of Ultraboy and Element Lad because of the Tripgirl dates (Both against him) but still needs more info about Sunboy, hence another conversation with TripGirl in #7. In issue 6 he mentors Starboy like a college recruiter trying to get a star quarterback to enroll. He's suspicious of DreamGirl because she likes to go to B5's lab for no reason. Even though Lightning Lad is his yes man, Garth has not yet delivered either his sister or girlfriend. He also hasn't even interacted with BigBoy on panel so thats the question there.

As for the B5 cover, he hasn't really interacted on panel with any of them aside from Cham and Cos this whole series. We know Jo doesn't like him.

So that's my story and until I'm presented with more info I'm stickin' with it.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion Man
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merlion Man   Author's Homepage   Email Merlion Man         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Traditionally, Cham's antennae scanned any object he encountered and allowed him to replicate its form. His ability to duplicate imaginary forms, as well as to perform other feats of shape changing such as moving his internal organs around, was a learned ability, acquired over time.

Which explains why pre-boot his antennae were always visible given the vast amount of objects to scan (though I do agree there is a limit once the environment is more familiar [Smile] )

However, it seems that Cham can only imitate living things which he has scanned now, doesn't it? Otherwise, the very clever twist of LSH#7 would not make sense at all.

I am not complaining about this limitation. Just wondering about the implications though.

Rationally, Cham's antennae should always be shown whenever he gets out of the HQ as he is bound to come across beings (sentient or otherwise) which he has not scanned yet, and it is supposed to be subconscious and involuntary.

From: Singapore | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
It's interesting if that is how his powers now work, then the main preboot story in which the scanning ability came into play (the Mantis Morlo story), wouldn't have worked, since he wouldn't have scanned the chemoid duplicates of Morlo as an automatic response, since they were unliving!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion Man
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merlion Man   Author's Homepage   Email Merlion Man         Edit/Delete Post     
A few more thoughts after reading LSH#7

1. Given Cham's involuntary scanning, isn't there an inconsistency when he met Invisible Kid for the first time way back in LSH#1? His antennae should be all over Lyle [Smile]

2. The way his antennae were depicted scanning the konapple, why is it not pointing straight at Lemnos? Of course this would take away the contribution of Light Lass and the very dramatic revelation, but surely it makes consistent sense?

3. Lemnos's power seems very similar to Projectra's which could explain why her planet was destroyed, besides the financial disorder reason. Pre-boot, there was a story entitled 'Girls' Night Out' when the Princess used her power to make her and the girls undetected by the Science Police even when they were right in front of the guards. Assuming Projectra still has this ability, the destruction of Orlando could very well be an attempt to destroy her because she may be able to counter Lemnos' power, making what is undetectable obvious.

From: Singapore | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Perhaps Chams antennae are merely his means of scanning something's genetics. Thus, he would need to scan each genetically different individual, though not necessarily each genetically identical fruit of a particular propogated variety. To mimic objects, or perhaps even creatures on a less intricate scale, he may have means of scanning other than his antennae.
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Now that Waid has referred to Brainy as "the smartest person in the galaxy" (Wizard article), I trust we can focus our attention on more important topics, like who's sleeping with whom, and what color lingerie Light Lass prefers. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
My reasoning (Using Cos Cover):
Cos is now sure of Ultraboy and Element Lad because of the Tripgirl dates (Both against him

I protest. Element Lad has his own agenda, but his political loyalties are still up in the air. Personally, I think he's a better match with Brainy than with Cos, but we could be in for a surprise.

You're right about Jo, though.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
I confess I was glad NOT to see Ultra Boy for an issue, but disappointed we didn't see any more of T-Wolf or Projectra since they were introduced in #5 and #6. Ayla, Cham and Imra all had nice moments in #7. Invisible Kid and Triplicate Girl have come across as "weak" characters so far, an unfortunate throwback to the Adventure era.

I would like to see Colossal Boy, Shadow Lass, Element Lad, Triplicate Girl, T-Wolf, Projectra and Sun Boy get more panel/action time in upcoming issues, as well NOT have any more Legionnaires introduced until then.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cham55
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cham55   Email Cham55         Edit/Delete Post     
Is the form Cham takes between his Saturn Girl and B5 forms ... his true form. Many of the protrusions looked abit like his antennae.
Discuss [Confused]

From: Scotland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat cramer:
Cham also used them to sense the Coluans before they came crashing through the ceiling - because they were Zombie Coluans and somehow changed? Like the different variety of konapple?

I wondered about that too. After seeing Lemnos' silhouette in the lab, I thought Cham 's antennae were detecting him instead of the Coluans... But then, Cham's antennae detected him again later on, and his anteanne only do that with new things.

Unless he wasn't able to "scan" Lemnos completely the first time, and so his antennae resurfaced the second time?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with Kid Quislet, I was glad not to see Ultra Boy again. I find this version too much of a jerk (no offense to Jo fans), and I have to deal with people like that in college fairly often.

This issue turned me into a major Light Lass fan, and I'm starting to like Cham and Imra a lot better too.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Overall a god issue.

I've seriously warmed to the new Cham. He is cute.

I burst out laughing at the "lingerie/worst compliment/no alibi" stuff. Perfect!! More, please.

If a planet is going to be "destroyed", I much prefer the way it was done to Colu rather than the apparent obliteration of Orando.

The one thing I can't seem to wrap my mind around is this notion that these super-smart Coluans ave allowed their planet to become so overpopulated that they have to shrink everything. Ummm.... no. Can't get it. Had no problems with Phantom Girl's new origin, but I just can't grasp this. Need more data.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
i [Love] this issue !!

the interaction between the characters was brilliant !! Brainy's "insults" about the other LEGIONNAIRES were so funny, and the info given out by him was so interesting, Mark's writing this issue was probably the best yet !!

roll on the LEGIONNAIRE divide !!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
The one thing I can't seem to wrap my mind around is this notion that these super-smart Coluans ave allowed their planet to become so overpopulated that they have to shrink everything.

Good point, Lash. It seems like some age-old concepts like contraception and emigration would be simpler solutions.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
But those wacky Coluans decided to go with the most complicated, ridiculous solution instead.

Hmmm... if I look at it in "silver-age" logic, it almost makes perfect sense.

But I still can't let myself believe that they thought shrinking everything was a better solution...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.