Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » I really think Lori Morning is a selfish whiny brat

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I really think Lori Morning is a selfish whiny brat
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
The title says it all, fans. Lori evolved from a tragic casualty of Chronos, into a power-hungry microbe who wanted too much, too soon...

My worst nightmares were confirmed when Lori was knocked out by the Time Trapper during the Dark Circle/Space Anomaly story - only the Trapper was a woman and she bore a disturbing resemblance to the woman that Lori became for a few brief issues...Future Girl indeed...

And it also clicked who the grown-up Lori most resembled....GLORITH!

Oh yes, Lori Morning will become a selfish, whiny, power-mad, uber-brat - even when she grows up.....

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Lori Morning]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
they should've killed her when they had the chance.

[Stormboy II]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles Phipps
I'm actually the Time Trapper...shhhhhh

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles Phipps   Email Charles Phipps         Edit/Delete Post     
*snuggle*

I love Lori!

She's like all the wonderful children of anime rolld into one!

--------------------
Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p

Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Is that good or bad?

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't tell me no one caught the resemblance?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles Phipps
I'm actually the Time Trapper...shhhhhh

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles Phipps   Email Charles Phipps         Edit/Delete Post     
Yep, Lori Morning is the Time Trapper/Glorith is a well known aspect of the plot.

And it's good, I think.

--------------------
Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p

Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved Lori, I first met her at a bistro, years after her Workforce days, she was 16, I was 17, at the end of the day we succumbed to the passion.

Seriously, loved Lori, when I saw the Slipstream incarnation, I was a little upset because I thought that would be an interesting character.

And I loved the Glorith=Lori idea, it was sassy!

Just like that night...

[ July 05, 2005, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: High Priestess Viviane ]

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I never was around for this character. I am glad I think. [Smile]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been trying to think how you could fix Lori Morning, for this Lori Loather.

She'd have to grow up - kids associated with the Legion have never appealed to me. Cutesy mopey blonde teeny boppers are even worse.

The hero dial is interesting as a showcase for different characters & costumes, but, used as it was with Lori Morning, it just became a fashion show - the hero character that she changed into was a blank slate, never developed as a personality and the powers were just one-shot. If she has to have multiple characters in her, I'd limit it to two or three at most.

Alternatively, I wouldn't want her to "become" the Time Trapper, but she could be given some time manipulation power and insight. In the Valor series, "Lori" was Glorith with a strong visual resemblance to Lori Morning, in my memory. I would really prefer that Lori M be kept entirely separate from the Glorith character, however.

Now if they could bring back Leland McCauley III and have her working for him (or wrapping him around her finger), that could be interesting.

Maybe. TIme must indeed heal all wounds, if I'm even considering a Lori revival.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
To be fair to Lori I wasn't a fan of the Dial H for Hero connection nor the SHAZAM (Thunder) connection either. Heck I know Kinetix has a big following but I just couldn't dig her either.

But I am open minded enough to have one of the Archie Legionnaires join this new team if it means we get members from other eras. [Wink]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The only thing I could ever bring myself to like about Lori was the idea that she would one day be a murderous villain!

(But not the Time Trapper—that would be a major red herring.)

And then Rond could kill her!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.