Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » #11 Cover Scans (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: #11 Cover Scans
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I still say the snake is Reep and he's chasing who they think is a baddie but it will turn out to be Shikari.

Possibly. The inverted triangle emblem could represent triangulation, which in navigational terms refers to plotting a course (i.e. path). On the other hand, the chick has no wings, which were a pretty important part of Shikari's identity.

My other thought is that it's Quantum Queen, and the triangle represents a prism (as in a prism of light). I was just reminded of her thanks to NC's Wanderers' thread, which includes later depictions of her with pale skin and white hair.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rurouni KJS
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rurouni KJS   Email Rurouni KJS         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Unfortunately, it IS "Slithering Violet"

Whew, for a minute I thought it might be Chuck Taine -- Bouncing Boa, which could only lead to the inevitable appearance of Mongoose-El.

Jillikers! You guys are missing the obvious. Which Legionnaire goes into battle mouth-first?

None other than... Matter-Eater Mamba!

Ah, yer all wrong - it's Andromaconda!

Guys...Earth-C ain't comin' back. Let it go. "Our" funny-animal heroes are gone. Suck it up.

Huh? You mean this ISN'T a Captain Carrot reboot thread?

[blush]

Never mind.....

--------------------
-- Still here to help.

From: ATL, fool!!! WHAT!!! | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
This cover is great! Thanks Barry. I really like that. [Smile]

I think we don't see covers like that in all the industry! [Big Grin]

it really has some depth, you can look at it countless times and still discover a new thing everytime. [Cool]

i am really looking forward to see it with the colors.

EDIT: it's already here in the topic of the issue, i've just seen it. Sorry.

[ July 24, 2005, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Querl Dox ]

From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Size Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Size Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
My current pet belief is that the girl with the triangle on her chest is Atom Girl.
I'm pretty sure that we've already seen Atom Girl -- in silhouette. On some of the "roll call" pages, there's an outline of a spikey-haired female that has never been identified (because she's never appeared).
Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I still say the snake is Reep and he's chasing who they think is a baddie but it will turn out to be Shikari.

So you think we're going to get Shikari instead of Dawnstar again?
Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by SouthtownKid:
quote:

So you think we're going to get Shikari instead of Dawnstar again?
Not necessarily. I know that Shikari is trapped in this universe (at least it appeared that way in the Titans/Legion special). She has to show sooner or later. And the coloring looked, to me, more like her. But maybe they've drastically changed the way someone from Imsk would look.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
That's possible Scott. I mean, Imsk is not so special, what with the "Bottled Planet of Colu" out there too... maybe they don't look human anymore.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
That's possible Scott. I mean, Imsk is not so special, what with the "Bottled Planet of Colu" out there too... maybe they don't look human anymore.

That means Vi might be 3booted into the Silhouette on the roll call pge in number 8!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Barry, we want to see scans of this, too!

-

The first year of Legion of Super-Heroes wraps up in a finale that must be seen to be believed, in LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #12, written by Mark Waid with art by Barry Kitson.

Found it at the DCU panel presentation HERE.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks T[C]!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Is this the point where we start trying to identify the silhouettes?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Is this the point where we start trying to identify the silhouettes?

That should be on the #12 Cover Scans page.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
We're almost full circle to the promo piece and silhouette identifying again aren't we! [Smile]

I'll try to get scans to Nightcrawler very soon.

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Coolness!
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
Imsk is not so special... maybe they don't look human anymore.

1. Eep! That means the image in question could be Shrinking Viper?

2. It doesn't really matter to me if Barry and Mark don't get back to Shikari. Sooner or later somebody will and it coould be for the best if that particular little sub plot were allowed to percolate for a while.

3. heh- I hadn't caught on to the "identifying silhouettes" gimmick until Barry mentioned it. Slick. That shows some long range thinking about the stories and art.

I laid out the issues side by side the other day wondering if Barry had designed the first eight with some kind of pattern in mind. I liked it that issues one and six were so similar. Perhaps they'll be the TPB covers?

edit: issues #1 and #7 have the similar covers, sorry, my bad.

[ August 09, 2005, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Yellow Kid ]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.