Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Mystery Lads

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mystery Lads
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
In Adventure Comics #307 (APR 1963), we are introduced to Mystery Lad who we learn in the story is really Element Lad. Element Lad then goes on to be a Legionnaire in long standing with many, many fans.

But, who were the true Mystery Lads of that issue? The two other applicants who not only didn't make the cut, but didn't apparently even warrant names.

First, there's -

-

Emerald Lad? That's my personal favorite name for him (mostly because of it's similarity to Element Lad), but howabout Green Guy, Camouflage Kid, Lime Lad, Jade Jack, or Kelly Kid?

Then, there's -

-

Camera Kid? That's what I call him since he refers to his "camera eye" power. The Legion poster refers to him as "Camera Eye," but I'm not sure I like that as a Silver Age name. There's also Movie Boy, Video Vic, Flashback Kid, or Tele-Kid as possibilities.

If we can reach a consensus, then I'll use that for their smilie names.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I like Camouflage Kid but I have to ask. If he can make things around him green, why is he wearing a blue outfit? [Confused]

As for the other, I prefer Camera Kid too. Unless you want to call him TiVo Boy. [Smile]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
We discussed how Turns Everything Green Kid was unfairly rejected by the Legion here!

[ July 21, 2005, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
And the postboot Camera Eye Kid was seen in Matter-Eater Lad: The Series!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
camouflage kid and camera kid work for me
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Right, I've heard other names used. I'd like to come up with a consensus on which ones should be made official.

Let's add TiVo Boy, Turns-Everything Green Kid and Camera-Eye Kid to the pot.

Once we have all of the suggestions in, then I'll make a poll.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
I always thought the first one was a version of Radiation Roy, and the second was Visi-Lad, who later appears slightly different at the Legion Academy.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Quislet:
I always thought the first one was a version of Radiation Roy, and the second was Visi-Lad, who later appears slightly different at the Legion Academy.

Didn't think of Radiation Roy, but I did always assume this was Visi-Lads first appearance.

However, since we are officially naming them I would offer up Radiant Boy and Kid Projector

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.