Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Here's an interesting thought ....

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Here's an interesting thought ....
King of Snake
Snake-fighting ... it's very scary fighting snake.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King of Snake   Email King of Snake         Edit/Delete Post     
In issue #7, right after Projectra talks with her father about doing something important, there's a cutaway scene to Brainiac 5 and Dream Girl in his laboratory. Brainy insults her, and Dream Girl states something like she can't predict her visions, because if she did, she'd only come around him if he's in a good mood. (I'm paraphrasing all this b/c I don't have the issue in front of me).

The question I'm presenting is - why didn't Dream Girl predict Orando's destruction? Wouldn't something of that magnitude register on her psychic radar? I know she had to be "clocked" to envision the impending galactic war, but wouldn't a normal sleep trigger her visions, in enough time anyway to know about what was going to happen?

I thought about the idea of Lemnos' influence jamming her frequency, so to speak; however, if that's so, he's a lot more powerful than I thought. I just can't buy that premise.

Anyway, just a thought. Feel free to comment.

--------------------
What was I thinking about?

From: Greetings from the Underworld ... | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
What about in issue #2 when she was talking with the police on her planet and they were all... anticipating everything the others were going to do and stuff. Like, the entire issue.

I think what she told Brainy was, "I don't get to choose my visions," and I think what she meant was that she didn't get to decide whether she sees Brainy's mood or the weather the next day or whatever...

...I dunno. Precogs and telepaths make my head hurt. (Teh burning punnage!!)

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought that Dreamgirl did see the destruction of Orando in issue 2. It's the planet that's on fire in the background of her Lemnos vision.

Her inability to understand the context of what she was seeing prevented action. She probably also got so hung up on the image of Lemnos she ignored the rest. This goes along with Brainy's criticism of her as intellectually lazy.

If Brainy had seen such a vision, you know he'd have charts out trying to determine what planet it was, by the colour it was emitting while it burned.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.