Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » CALLING THE ROLL of LSH #8... spoilers (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: CALLING THE ROLL of LSH #8... spoilers
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mediocre Boy:
quote:
Originally posted by SouthtownKid

If you ask me, Cosmic Boy's most inexcusible transgression was stealing Element Lad's comics to give to Projectra's guards.

Actually, there's nothing to indicate that Cosmic Boy stole those comics; all he said was that they were from Element Lad's private stash. And even if they were "commandeered," let us say, Element would surely have approved after the fact since it was vitally important for Rokk to gain access to Jeckie.

Hee! Y'know, it is kind of fun to be an apologist for Cosmic Boy! [Wink] [/QB]

Actaully, I can't help but think that Jan must've known. I mean, he's the treasurer, right? So, he's gotta know about Projectra and whatnot. Therefore, it's only logical to assume that he allowed Cos access to his comics as part of his treasurerily duties.

And, yes, it is fun being an apologist for Rokk. [Smile] I couldn't ask for a better job!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by doublechinner:
It seems significant that Light Lass, unlike Star Boy, knows about Projectra's "palace" and has been there before. This suggests that the Legionnaires' apparent lack of knowledge about each other is not blanket, but the result of differences in age, tenure, and social status. You can be really ignorant of the person who sits next to you in class if you aren't part of the same clique.

We somewhat knew this to be true, anyway. Remember the first time we saw Tinya and Jan together? Tinya mentioned Atom Girl and, IIRC, Jan had no idea who she was or simply thought she was a joke/myth. I'm thinking that it's the earliest members who are more aware of the entire team - which should place Tinya and Ayla among the first to join.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rjbrande
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rjbrande   Email rjbrande         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think Cos's relationship with Dirk is quite as devious as some of the previous posters do. I've been in situations where I've hired and/or promoted an employee, I trust them implicitly and would gladly work with or for them again under any circumstances.But I still wonder what they were doing for an hour and a half in the office of that rival manager.

Normally, you just remind yourself about how much you trust them and move on. But the stresses on Cos are causing him to take some questionable actions. And his friends and allies are backing his play, even if they don't all fully agree with it.

I still think that what WaK are giving us here, even moreso than a story about Lemnos and the UP War, is the origin of the Legion. Not so much how they saved a galactic billionaire from terrorists, but how the "Super-Heroes Club" became the Legion of Super-Heroes, with all its traditions, rules and close relationships.

[ August 03, 2005, 06:07 AM: Message edited by: rjbrande ]

Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with RJ. Cos says as much in issue #3. This Legion does not yet appear to have a Constitution, a Charter, an overriding common purpose. If anything, it's been a recreational service club for idealistic, but naive, underagers. It's about to become a lot more important. Most if not all of the Legionnaires understand this, but they haven't pulled together yet to make it a reality. They will soon, I am sure. We are seeing the growing pains of the new Legion, and that's pretty fun.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Which is what I like -- the "club" aspect...

If I had to single out one thing I disliked about the reboot, it was that the Legion was created to be government flunkies.

The way the U.P. govenment had say in what members could be in, how many members they would be limited to, who they were allowed to kick out, reminded me too much of 1980s Avengers, with Henry Gyrich.

Although handled much differently, I love the return to the super hero "club" concept in the threeboot.

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
In a way, we Cos Apologists are rapidly becoming living "No-Prizes," aren't we? I mean, we seem to be revelling in our ability to excuse Rokk for anything and everything!

Right on! [Smile]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
well said, RJ! i agree and i LOVE it. it's like the untold story of the Adventure era. from "club" to institution and even legend.

{I still think that what WaK are giving us here, even moreso than a story about Lemnos and the UP War, is the origin of the Legion. Not so much how they saved a galactic billionaire from terrorists, but how the "Super-Heroes Club" became the Legion of Super-Heroes, with all its traditions, rules and close relationships.}

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I guess this is more about roll call for issue #9, but... there's an interview with fill in artist Georges Jeante over at Newsarama.

They have the first four pages of issue #9 up, so definite SPOILERS, but also maybe an answer to the Lightning Lad homeworld question.

Again, SPOILERS, but Here's the link. I know this doesn't really fit that well in this thread, but I figured with a full month until #9's release, there wouldn't be enough to talk about for this to warrant its own thread.

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the heads up Wes.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:

Taking advantage of naive Lu to spy on his team

Coming close to refusing to intervene in the slaughter on Lallor

I don't think he took advantage of Lu. For one thing, Lu did not come across as naive to me in that issue. Her observations of Jo, Jan and Dirk showed her to be very astute, as did her descriptions of her experiences on Cargg and with the Legion. I think she knew exactly what she was doing, and supported Cos in that endeavor.

As for spying, yes, Lu does act as Cos' eyes and ears. But would it really be that different if Cos had come across that information through gossip? This is a moral gray area which can be interpreted in a lot of ways...

As for the slaughter on Lallor, remember that the UP delegates were specifically asking Cos NOT to take any action; Cos only told Dirk not to attack all out, but he still authorized them to take defensive action and to save the kids on Lallor. And Brainy also said that excessively fighting back against the Lallorian adults could lead to significant political instability in the region. Cos was just weighing his options at that time, not leaving the kids to get slaughtered.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, thanks [Smile]

So THAT'S why Lyle wasn't in the last issue. Hm... guess that helps explain the cover of issue 10 too, huh?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! Gorgeous art on that preview. Why couldn't he have done the last issue?

But do I detect one orange eye and one purple eye on Triplicate Girl?

NOOOOOOOOOOO! I thought we were done with all that split color nonsense!

[ August 05, 2005, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: jimgallagher ]

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LegionFan223
Wearer of the Crown

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LegionFan223   Email LegionFan223         Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome preview!! The artwork is totally faboo!!!
I also noticed the orange eye/purple eye on Lu and hope they are going to bring it back. That was one of the traits in the re-boot that Triad such a popular character again.

--------------------
I am smelling like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed.

From: Orando | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
RE: Triplicate Girl's eye color doesn't make any sense with the new origin at all. speaking of eye color, i miss E Lad's golden eye color. us legion fans are a bitch aren't we?
George Jeanty's pages look great. he'd make an awesome permanent fill-in/back-up artist for Barry.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I would assume the orange/purple eye color is just a matter of Sno-Cone not getting the memo that it's changed since the last time they colored her.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.